My new philosophy on training...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Noib Da Mutt, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt Banned Banned

Now, I've read alot of information on experts and the like that tell you to train to a certain level or capacity and no further to insure adequate recovery and progress in one's training, but every individual no matter what the activity comes across that inevitable plataeu or wall...

Now, this as an aquired philosophy is my new approach toward training...

As opposed to training to exhaustion in a certain area, then allowing that to heal before training it again, my approach is this... Train past exhaustion, then keep training it again and again... Now, you won't see the fast results you'll see if you allow it to heal, and it will hurt like hell while your body is still adjusting, but keep doing it... Take like one day off in the week to rest... Train your hardest every day even if you are incapable of doing it... Push and push and puash, it takes heart... And your body will hurt every single day, it will be pain to walk... But after about a month, magically your body will begin to adjust and everything you've been work will begin to become quite fluid, the techniques you have practriced will become second nature and you will perform them with precision and perfection... This will get you past that plateau that so many people get to after a month or so of vast improvement... This work especially well for beginners, in fact, many renown kung fu schools in China utilize this technique to beat in perfect form on it's students... Now, this will not work with weight lifting, because it is a different type of activity that actually totally breaks down a given muscle area and this must be allowed time to heal before it's gets stronger... but because martial arts techniques have more to do with muscle memory, coordination, and form, the constant repetitiveness of working past exhaustion will result in the desired outcome...

anyways, I don't have the time yet in my schedule to do this fully as I've said, but I'm sure it work because it is a proven method, perform at your own discretion... I myself will be doing this during the summer for I will be in Thailand training all day every day and will force myself to adjust... As of now my training schedule remains moderate to about 5 to 6 hours 2 to 3 days, and 2 to 3 hours 2 to 3 days, coordinating training with work, and with school is wuite the difficult task...

2. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

No training material of any kind whatsoever in the whole thing?
    Guess what? MOVED. Post what you like but don't leave it lying around my section.
    You know, you might have posted this in your journal.
    While we're on the subject, I don't have a 'training philosophy'.
    You know why?
    I'm too busy earning money and fitting what little training I can around that.

3. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muslce break is a muscle break is...a muscle break.

You do test that philospohy of yours as soon as you can, then come back again.
    Also i wonder what would be your hard training schedule , 12 hours / day.
    Gimmy a break
    :rolleyes:

4. Knight_Errant

See? I didn't need to say that- you're all thinking it already.

5. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt Banned Banned

dude you always gotta insult, never have anything positive to say... Money's more important to you, fine, to me it's just a supplement for survival... Training is more important to me than this sick obsession people have with getting money and things... I find more value in a strong spirit, mind, and body than in material wealth, I'm sorry to not conform to your western ways...

And to the other guy, don't patronize the idea, at least research it if you're going to criticize it, realistically I'll be doing closer to 7 or 8 hours a day but harder qualitatively in what I do... 12 hours seems really hard, although a day like that might be good every 6 months or so, alot of martial artists have days like that...

I'd reccomend readin "Living the Martial Way" by Forest Morgan...

btw,look around at the way some of these kung fu schools are, you'll see where the concept came from...

6. Humblebee

Humblebee PaciFIST's evil twin

What's your next trick-dissapearing up your own backside :D

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

What load of absolute irresponsible immature idealistic tooth fairy reality HOGWASH!

p.s. I don't like it.

8. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

9. Nighkon

Nighkon Valued Member

I reckon it could be a gd idea (if you dont kill yourself in the process :bang: ) i see what your saying about the passing of the pontoon. I guess it does depend largely on how important it is to you... anyways wasnt old brucie fanatical about his training? ;)

10. YODA

Attached Files:

11. Knight_Errant

Yeah.

Attached Files:

12. YODA

And where is he now?

13. Knight_Errant

Everytime somebody does something because Brucie did, a fairy dies.

14. Nighkon

Nighkon Valued Member

Lol, good point. Though fanatical training was not the cause of death was it?

15. YODA

I'd bet good money it was a factor.

16. Nighkon

Nighkon Valued Member

Possibly could have been, i dont really know much about the condition he had, but maybe it was induced by stress from over excercise?

17. Knight_Errant

Frankly;
    Normal, healthy, people, do not suddenly die from minor amounts of drugs or allergic reactions to standard medications.

18. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

So what do you think it was?

19. Humblebee

Humblebee PaciFIST's evil twin

20. YODA

Ok enough of the why did Brucie die - do a search if that's what you want.

NOIB: Do you see a pattern emerging here?

- You post your latest super duper theory on MA training
    - You get flamed to bits

Pattern? Anything? Anything at all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.