My log of ninja awesomeness!

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Coges, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Coges

Coges Valued Member

05/04/16

Don't know why but I suggested a trail run with the wife. Planned for a 6k trail run. Got lost and ended up doing 10k including some ridiculous hills. Hip flexor and right groin copped the brunt of it as well as the right ankle. I'm sore but feeling ok but it just hammers home the fact that my right hip is not coping with whatever I'm doing to it.

Need to do some more work on this one.

2. Coges

Coges Valued Member

06/04/2016 - 5am
    BW- 96

Warm Up-
    Hanging
    Pec & Lat stretches

Incline Bench-
    bar x 10, 40 x 5
    60 x 6, 55 x 8, 50 x 10

Bench-
    70 x 5, 65 x 6, 60 x 6

Seated Cable Row-
    78 x 12 + 5, 5, 5, 5

Incline DB Curl-
    15 x 5, 12.5 x 6, 10 x 8

Rope Tricep Pushdown
    65 x 6, 59 x 8, 55 x 10

More hanging, pec and lat stretch and done.

Strength feeling ok on bench which is a chronic weakness with me.

3. Coges

Coges Valued Member

Plan for the next few months (up till end of June).

- Cut! Currently b/w 94-96. Will cut to 88 or till waist is under 34". Waist is currently at 37". This means tracking cals again but that's pretty easy really.
    - Work on hips, knees, ankles, lats, pretty much entire body. No brainer here. Get body moving correctly again.
    - Core! Core! Core! Only lifting 3 days a week and will do some core work on every rest day. Still believe this is a huge limiting factor for me.
    - Push upper body lifts. Incline bench, weighted chins, ohp.
    - Work squat and deadlift to keep at reasonable level whilst working on body. I'll be happy if I can maintain a 140-150 DL max and 100 squat max while cutting and getting myself moving right again. This will set me up perfectly to make a run in the second half of the year for some squat and DL PBs.
    - Cardio: some cardio to be done on all off days. Even if it's a short circuit involving the core. This will obviously help with the cut.

That seems like a good place to start. Now that I know where I want to go from here I can go do it.

4. Coges

Coges Valued Member

11/04/16

Total Cals- 2,522
    P- 192g
    C- 185g
    F- 92g

Missed the macros a little but I'm not too unhappy with the day of eating. No junk which is a good start.

5. Coges

Coges Valued Member

12/04/16- 5am
    BW- 94 (won't measure again till next week)

Chins-
    bw x 3, 3
    +5 x 6, +2.5 x 6, bw x 5

OHP-
    bar x 8, 40 x 3
    50 x 6, 45 x 7, 40 x 7

DB Row-
    35 x 6, 32.5 x 8, 30 x 10

Incline Flyes-
    12.5 x 15 + 3, 3, 3

Lateral Raises-
    10 x 15, 11, 11

Some progress from last week. Got the 6 reps I was after on both chins & OHP so will increase the weight next week. Taking 3 mins rest between working sets on the first three exercises really makes a difference. I have found it hard to sit for so long between sets but getting progress is convincing me quickly.