My friend might be the Juggernaut

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Orangeseger, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Orangeseger

Orangeseger YouTube =/= Training

I have a friend who is incredibly strong. We call him the Juggahulk. (Juggernaut+Hulk=Juggahulk).

What I don't understand is how he is so strong, all he does is push ups and a few exercises with free weights. I work out all the time, and I don't see how I have failed to defeat him on ANY strength based challenge.

It could be that my body type isn't designed for super strength. (I'm 140lb, he's 180....and he doesn't look much bigger than I do.) He can do 150+ push-ups no problem, I can barely handle 70, yet I can jump close to three times higher, and my punches/kicks are stronger.I guess he has different muscles...I think I might have a boat load of fast twitch which expains my explosivenss, whereas he has slow twitch which make armwrestling him seem like fighting a hydrolic pump.

But even still, with the dissproportional amount of working out, how the hell can he be so strong?

2. Blake_AE

Blake_AE Valued Member

40 additional pounds of muscle will do that for a person.

If he outweighs you by 40lbs but doesn't look like it, he probably has lower body fat levels than you do as well.

The other differences come from training and practicing technique. Some people have genetic advantages. It just means you have to train harder. :)

3. Orangeseger

Orangeseger YouTube =/= Training

Oh well, back to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber...lol.