My first lesson of capoeira

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Bozza Bostik, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

So what did they actually do there? Any idea of what type of capoeira it is yet?

2. Rhomulous

Rhomulous New Member

Still not sure. I will quiz them next time I go - hopefully the Mestre will be back from Spain soon. I will also do MMA when I can't do Capoeira because MMA is Tuesday and Capoeira is Saturday. If I am working one it is likely I am off for the other!

To be honest it looked a little pants when I was there but there was a poor turn out - one teenager, 3 under 10 year olds and a dad. The guy instructing was the Mestres top student. They did say it was normally better so could be because the Mestre wasn't there.

3. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Doesn't sound the best.

I'm quite lucky as although I live in a relatively small town (Wiki says 179,529) there is 4 groups, 2 Senzala and 2 Angola. And our club has some other places outside of the city. It seems like all the groups meet up now and again and there is a very open attitude between them. So I guess if I get stuck for times, I can go to one of the other places without any problems.

Is there no other clubs you can go to? Is colchester ok for ya?

http://www.dancadaliberdade.com/capoeira_classes_adults.html

Chelmsford?

http://www.capoeirabrasil.co.uk/capoeira-classes/chelmsford/

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  4. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

It might just be the post Christmas thing. Sometimes you find low turn out the first week or so back as people start getting back into their routine.

5. Rhomulous

Rhomulous New Member

Cheers for the link. Chelmsford is a long trek so can't go there. Colchester is closer so might be an option - need to find out details from them regarding price and days.

I can't find any others here. My intention is to promote this discipline, I hope to get good and either hold my own class or improve publicity. The people who run the place are predominantly fighters and not business men so publicity is not foremost on their minds.

6. Rhomulous

Rhomulous New Member

Good point. I will still persevere regardless of turn out - just means I get more of the instructors attention which can't be bad?

7. Rhomulous

Rhomulous New Member

Went to MMA on Tuesday - very intense workout! Fantastic. Pretty much an hour+ of cardio then on to training. I need to get my endurance up so good job really. Going this Tuesday with every intention of sweating my guts out!

Still can't start Capoeira until 9th Feb due to work commitments but will hope it's worth the wait!

Just took delivery of a punch bag which I intend to attach to the side of the house. Just need to wife to agree though! Bought it without discussing with her and now she says she doesn't want it there! Not in public view and we never venture out to that side of the house so minimal impact. Probably a problem because I decided without her. Impulse buy.