My First Boxing Match

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Korpy, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

No, I didn't ask you to say that me or my friend is going to die from a friendly Boxing match. By the way I'll say it again... Boxing!

I know our arts aren't Boxing, I was trying to use that as an example for the dumb medical history comments.

Crap attitude? I'm not the one saying that my friend or I are going to die from a friendly match. I see anger in you just from your post.

Also when I used anger, that was a bad word to use, I was not angry, I was pumped up.

I thought that some people could just have fun.

It's not like we're trying to knock each others brains from our heads, get that in your head!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Once again, correct.

3. You are personally attacking everyone who disagrees with you!!! If you think this is clever or "badass" then YOU are wrong!!! YOU act like an adult and don't say "I'm right so I don't care"

You said yourself you got angry!!! Don't say what you don't mean.

You've just disproved your own point - boxing is dangerous!!!

It's not very funny if you're decking him.

Shut up with the attitude!

4. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

ill try and find the website, but an extensive study done showed 800 deaths directly related to boxing matches (official ones- not counting unsanctioned matches which, if anything, would outnumber the sanctioned ones) since the 30s. and thats only deaths, not injuries such as brain damage, which imo would be even worse.

Korpy, you said it was a match. you said you got angry and decked your friend hard enough that he could not continue. I dont know how "friendly" you think that is.

and its not a personal attack when its true. im sure the majority of people here did stupid things like that when they were younger. in fact this barely even holds a match to some of the stuff I did, but now that ive grown up a bit i have realised how stupid it was, which is why im trying to help you see how dumb it is too.

5. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

Norm, you really should chill out.

6. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I'm just defending myself from someone who isn't being nice from the start.

Pumped up is what happened, not anger.

Boxing is dangerous in angry and serious hands.

He thought it was fun.

ALso I'm not the one telling someone to shut up. You got the attitude, so please check yourself. :rolleyes:

7. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I made a mistake by calling it anger. It wasen't.

It was natural high, from having fun with your best friend.

8. If it's boxing, use boxing rules. I'm not going to say I do mountain climbing if I climb trees!!!

They're not dumb. Maybe if you paralyse him you'll realise. Might knock some sense into your head.

You see anger which has derived from your stupid attitude. Drop it, man! The sad thing is, you seem to think you were actually boxing

Take it from someone who's been there. Do not get pumped up against mates. There's a very fine line between pumped up and violent.

Go up town, find the biggest, meanest SOB you can, and knock his drink over. There's fun. Test your "boxing" there, too.

9. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Also take a chill pill, you don't have to turn everything into a serious, angery thread.

10. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

ok, Boxing is dangerous, regardless of what you do, be it in a backyard, playground, in the ring, on on D3H St33RT where lava and glass exist every where....This agrument is STUPID, ok, don't condescend to ppl who do things you know to be stupid, and don't get angry when somebody doesn't agree with you either.......you guys just seem to be bashing at eachother like um......2 untrained "boxers" wailing at eachother, and nothing is going to get done.
    ok, they wanted to have a boxing match, or fighting or whatever the hell you wanna call it....It was "friendly, and got a bit carried away...no one had the intentions of KNOCKING out their opponent although it might have happened, so STOP THIS MADNESS

11. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

That's 10.6 people who die from boxing every year, on average. 756 people died from lightning strikes in only the United States from 1990 - 2003. In just over a decade, the same number of people who have died from boxing in 3/4 of a century died from lightning strikes. I think I'm severely understating the stats when I say that the risk of boxing fatality is EXTREMELY low, to the point of being completely negligible.

12. Korpy, it's almost looking gay now

13. Yes, and the whole country experiences lightening. How many people participate in boxing.

14. What's everything? Another example, please?

15. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

lightning isnt something you can really avoid though (except for taking the obvious safety precautions)

a boxing match is like standing in the middle of a field during a lightning storm. doing it without anyone there to control it if it gets out of hand, which with two guys who i assume dont get hit in the face often can happen, and no idea of what they are doing, is like standing in the field with a big metal pole.

16. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

hmmm, everytime i say something like that, my post gets deleted, i guess thats not a personal attack, but more of an allusion huh?

17. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I can use a variety of times and rounds. It was BASEMENT BOXING.

Yeah, I'll paralyze my friend from a punch from a fun match, where we don't fight hard.

I wasne't actually Boxing, I know I wasen't. Also calling something stupid, because of your own faults.

I wasen't violent.

And no, I'm not going to pick a fight, cause I'm not mean like that (maybe you are, I don't know), I don't start trouble. My training teaches me not to start fights like that with violence, anger, and mean intentions.

18. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

You can call it a personal attack, I'm only saying what everyone else is thinking in a more direct way. If you're going to advertise your stupidity you should be prepared to take flak for it.

19. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Oh, it's looking gay, cause I'm praising someone, who's speaking wise against a person who isn't. (also pretty childish, calling me gay)

I'm sorry if your threatened, by someone because they could be right, and you maybe aren't.

Also an example of you turning everything into a serious, angry thread, well just look at this thread.

20. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Don't need your mean, childish attacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.