My First Boxing Match

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Korpy, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Yes, finally!

Some common sence.

Thank you Socrastein!

Hey I could be on my computer when lightning strikes. Does that make going on the computer dangerous? No.

We don't get carried away, there's never any cuts or blood. I got a small bruise and the person I beat, doesn't have anything wrong with them after the punch.

We don't have medical conditions, it's all in fun, just accept it. :)

2. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

PRAISE THE LORD, decent post man, applause :D

3. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

another damn good post

4. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

fron what you wrote it certainly sounded like you had a pretty small amount of control.

like i said i dont see any problem with some mates padding up for a sparring sesh. you said this was a boxing match, and you ended it with a tko from your account. that is stupid.

5. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Maybe to you.

I left no physical damage, also we did have control.

So it's not stupid. :rolleyes:

6. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

when i was a kid i did 170kmh down a deserted road to see how fast my car would go. because nobody got hurt it was a clever thing to do?

7. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

grrr, my car wont even hit 120

8. Socrastein

Socrastein The Boxing Philosopher

Did anyone say it was clever to have basement boxing matches? I don't recall a single person saying so in this thread, so how is your question remotely relevent? Do you honestly think that the risks are equal between boxing with a friend and flying down a dirt road in a car at that speed? If they're not equal, or even close, then how is your analogy applicable?

9. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

No that was dangerous.

Basement Boxing isn't.

Totally different. :rolleyes:

10. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Oh, correct again!

Socrastein thank you again.

You know what you are talking about. :)

11. Sounds controlled:

If that's control, what happens when you lose it?

Basement boxing is. Normal boxing is dangerous. Doing it without officials is worse!!!

Regarding your lightening strike analogy, it doesn't apply. In boxing you are causing direct trauma to the head. With the lightening strike we are talking about a remote chance. There's just as much chance of you walking out and getting struck on the head.

12. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Actually no. It wasen't uncontrol, it's what we call winning and tactis. :rolleyes:

And when talking about getting killed or maimed in friendly Basement Boxing, that is a remote chance too.

I'm happy, cause I know I'm right. And that I'm not over safety crazy.

13. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

korpy, get a clue and get your tongue off socras nuts. boxing itself is inherently dangerous, you admit yourself that you got angry and decked the other guy, that neither of you have any training (newsflash- training isnt just about throwing a puch in boxing its also about knowing how to spar so you dont knock out your partner)

do you have any idea how many people die from boxing? and thats with proper medical checks and doctors at ringside, and professional refs. you had none of these. this is why when you spar with your mates you dont make it a match especially when you are a pair of adolescent boxer wannabes having a "match" because that is exactly how people wind up hurt.

14. You'll find that as you practice properly, you won't get angry because your opponent has punched you. This defeats the object of the sport. A good tactic is not to "get angry and collapse your opponent". If you went into a real boxing match with this attitude, goodbye.

No, you're 2 untrained guys swinging punches at each other. Don't even call it boxing. It is not. You have the rules all wrong, the techniques all wrong - just everything! A friendly boxing match would be sparring. This was not sparring!!!

What a crap attitude. You come on here, expecting to be praised 'cos you had a crappy little fight with your mate. You then tried to act hard by telling us how you're both trained. Hapkido is not boxing. TKD is not boxing!!! Get it in your head.

I'm not over safety conscious, or I would be playing tiddly winks. Are you right just like every other thread? The ones where you post your opinions, ask for comments, and then get offended when people don't agree? No, thought not.

15. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

i think somebody is hungry for a knucklesandwich

16. Socrastein

I don't. Could you give me a ratio? Non-fatal boxing careers compared to fatal boxing careers?

17. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

It's quite pathetic when someone personally attacks you, because you praise another for being ight. (also stop with the personnal attacks, act like an adult)

No I did not get angry and deck him. I got out of the corner, and I was pumped up, and no I don't have training.

Also do you know the people that die go in serious matches, for championships, and guess what all those matches have doctors, and professional refs.

But when you're having a nice, fun, friendly match with a friend, you wont get killed.

Sorry to disappoint you, and stomp on your theory and thought.

18. Shantari

Shantari Valued Member

wow, this thread is hilarious, its just hard to determine who IS actually offended

19. That's a rather pointless stat. Who's trying to pretend that there are more casualties than normal careers?

Punching someone in the head is inherently dangerous!!! Work it out.

20. Socrastein

If we're talking about how boxing is so dangerous, and thus untrained "boxing" is incredibly more dangerous, than a stat that helps to support the assertion that boxing is so dangerous is not pointless, it's actually quite necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.