My fight last friday

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Ninja01, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Ninja01

Ninja01 Becky

Winner.

The website in the link directly below explains what the friday night fights are. I did notice something though. I wasn't using my full power, atall. My knees and kicks are accurate(for the most part), but I'm only using maybe 50% of my power. That bugs me when I watch the video.

http://kicktkd.com/mma/id22.html

This one is slightly bigger.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdlwE3BVU74"]YouTube - Friday Night Fights 004[/ame]

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

What contact was it at?

3. Ninja01

Ninja01 Becky

What do you mean?

4. Moi

Full contact, hard contact, semi-contact. How hard could you hit?

5. madknight

madknight Valued Member

Nice fight, you were pretty aggressive, the other girl didn't look like she stood much of a chance.

6. Ninja01

Ninja01 Becky

Ah, gottcha. Full, hard contact.

Thanks madknight.

7. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

Nice punches! Suprised there wasnt more standing 8 counts in there

8. Moi

Ok with that info I can say something.

You dominated her, why wasn't she knocked out?

You're rushing, which is a shame as you're very accurate. Make those shots count instead of rushing them. Instead of throwing 3 fast shots make sure they count with proper power.

You've noticed it with your knees and kicks, the same goes with the punches, Slow down and pick the shots and hit hard, you don't need that sort of workrate, just hit harder. Start it with bags, then pads, then sparring.

Dig those shots in and finish the fight, don't always rely on points, some judges cheat.

Big on you for getting in there and congrats on winning but it won't always be that easy.

9. Ninja01

Ninja01 Becky

I hit a lot harder on bags, and pads. Even in sparring I do. But Your right, it could still be nerves. I've had a few fights, this wasn't my first, but it takes time.

I wasn't thinking about points atall. I went in with the mindset to just do what I do. I think another reason I was going slower, with less power was because I was trying to conserve my energy, which is great but I did it too much.

Thanks for the help and comments.

10. Moi

I wouldn't worry your work rate was fantastic. Just need to slow down and plant those shots. You ex-TKD?

11. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

( I reckon her sig and avatar may answer the question MD :D)

Good work though,always good to see people posting up their fights,especially girls!

12. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Very well done! The power, tempo and picking your shots will come with more fight experience. Just keep it all in mind when training.

13. Moi

I know but I thought I'd check. It might be the TKD that's bringing the power down. Semi contact is a hard thing to shake off if that's how you started.

14. Ninja01

Ninja01 Becky

I'm still doing TKD, I do both every night. When sparring in TKD we always went all out though. I haven't done much TKD sparring in awhile though, I prefer Muay Thai for that because you use more of your body not just your kicks. Plus I always hate wearing hogus(chest protectors). When I do Taekwondo sparring now days I always punch to the face by mistake, lol. I've been corrupted.

Thanks everyone. I love seeing other people's fight aswell.

15. NMT

NMT Valued Member

Nice work rate, you looked strong and a bit of a mis-match there your obv alot better and more agressive than her! use your hands more to set up kicks (jab, cross body kick -SIMPLE ) also use your front push kicks ( teep ) more since your from a TKD background...

Loved your knees.. front long knee is good high score in MT!

Keep on like that and you will have a bright future in Muay Thai.... Chok Dee

16. kurupzion

kurupzion Valued Member

just to reiterate Martial dad

stop with the TKD kicks .
    take your time and stop rushing. your opponent was literally doing nothing some parts and to be fair it should have been stopped earlier.her head was being knocked back by quite a few of your punches, but she took your kicks to the head! need to practise cutting through with your kicks.plant your feet and just do simple 1-2 with kicks or more solid 1 hit shots.

well done, its a good first fight for you, should be proud you stepped up to the mark.good luck for future fights.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  17. repulse

repulse New Member

Great fight, good pace, the other girl really didnt' have a chance. You were very aggressive and it seemed to affect her composure.

If I'm at the other girl's corner, I would yell at her to keep her hands up and chop your lead leg everytime you charge in. :)

Well done.