My appology

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Orang Jawa, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

OK, wildly off thread but I had to do it.

A couple of Oscar Wilde quotes. Considering the 'closeness' of GWB & TB, Oscar seemed the obvious choice ;)

"We have really everything in common with America nowadays except, of course, language."

"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between."

Oh and Shax, in the Silat forum we have to argue about something :D

Somebody lock the thread, please :bang:

2. mikeruurds

mikeruurds New Member

Is your mom from Jamaica :D My wife and I are going to be eating loads of jerk chicken when we head over to Negril for two weeks in July :cool:

Ribs are good too... hehe

Mike

3. Bobster

Bobster Valued Member

NOT TRUE! There are LOTS of countries who have done this, and worse...We just do it with STYLE!

4. Narrue

Narrue Valued Member

No dude she’s American, from the U S of A! It’s a secret family recipe you know! But I just can’t wait to see England again but U know I’m Irish, my great, great, great granny was from Ireland. I’ve made some searching of our family tree and guess what! On my dads side they were fearsome Celtic warriors and on my mums side they are royalty. I’m even getting a kilt made, it’s my family tartan U know.
    I’m going to Scotland too, but U know I’m a bit worried about their food, apparently on special occasions they eat something called a hags ass. You know I don’t mean to be rude but I’m just not sure I could eat that

5. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

You guys are so sensitive :D

You could do with a stiff upper lip, what? :love:

6. Buddy

Buddy Valued Member

pip pip, what what?

7. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

old boy

8. Orang Jawa

Orang Jawa The Padi Tribe-Guardian

Let's face it
    English language for the Brits...so confusing..:)
    There is no egg in the eggplant
    No ham in the hamburger
    And neither pine nor apple in the pineapple.
    English muffins were not invented in England
    French fries were not invented in France.
    And they invented a Pimp for a drink.....:)

9. Steve Perry

Steve Perry Valued Member

I Noticed ...

Yeah. Everybody in the world pronounces the metal "alum-uh-num" save the English, who call it "al-you-min-e-um." As an American writing in American English, I use my conventions, which makes as much sense as yours.

"Apologise" has no "zee" sound in it; "apologize" does. The sibilant "ess" sound is most useful, but we don't spell "zebra" as "sebra," either ...

10. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

If you know there are two spellings of the word why did you suggest it was spelt incorrectly when it ends in 'ium'? and by 'everybody in the world' I take it your referring to North America?

11. SilatSeeker

SilatSeeker Valued Member

Ummm... who else is there?

12. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

13. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi All,

I just read all the msgs in this thread - and now I am sitting here wondering WHY???

Keep it coming - eventually it will end up back on topic by accident - kinda like monkeys and works of Shakespeare.

All the best.

Robert.

14. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Oh puhleeze.

This thread had run it's course basically - it certainly wasn't a hotbed of interest. So why not let it take another that is a bit more interesting - besides when did MAP start losing it's sense of humour and have to be confined to such a rigidly defined structure?! :confused:

Give me a break.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
  15. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

thrd lckd...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.