Musical Patterns

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by tkdally, Jun 27, 2006.

1. tkdally

tkdally Values sillyness in life

Anyone have any (sensible) suggestions for music to use for musical patterns?

By sensible I mean NOT Eye of the Tiger, Mortal Combat, the National Anthem or Faithless' Insomnia.

I'd like it to be a song that would get the crowd interested and maybe clapping along or something like that. Obviously not too fast to enable all the moves to be clean and well finished, and only about 1min 20secs long.

I am wanting to put something together for fun which I can hopefully use at the World Champs in 2007.

As I say, it's just for fun so I really don't want to get into a debate about the merit of setting patterns to music.

Cheers peeps :)

2. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

just so we're clear, you're what's wrong with tae kwon do

3. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

I reckon you have to look at the patterns individually and seewhich patterns go with which type of music.

I was at a comp and when the break was on they played this korean dance track with all the theory from tkd in it, it was quite funny. Not sure what its called but a song like that can't be too hard to find :D

4. ZenPixelTKD

ZenPixelTKD not just a natural blonde

Never done musical patterns, it doesn't feature in our organisations, but I guess something with good drum beats, hey even some african style music, thats pretty cool, and a bit different.

5. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Are musical patterns a tagb taekwondo thing?

6. xxblackkatxx

xxblackkatxx The Gimpy Taekwon Monkey!

your posts make me so freaking happy, you have no idea.
    bravo.

-kat

7. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Valued Member

Sounds a bit cheesy to me... Musical patterns.

8. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Tell us more about what you want to do. What kind of genre? Rock, metal, dance, traditional/world, orchestral? Exactly how fast or slow are you looking for? If you're doing a slow pattern, speed metal probably isn't so good, for example.

9. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

your post is not contributing to the topic of the thread!

10. jedi_eowyn

jedi_eowyn Valued Member

oh stop slagging people its only an event that people do for fun and i think its only during the world championships and people prepare them in their own time its not a thing that the tagb do regularly as far as i know

what about a dance remix of adagio for strings it might go well even if you dont like dance music (which i hate) it seems to go well with tkd

11. tkdally

They're not strictly TAGB - they're just a division in the open world champs that I thought I would do for a bit of fun in addition to traditional patterns (although it's clear that some people think that having fun with TKD is wrong).

The idea is that you make up a pattern to go with the music rather than do one of the traditional patterns - when done well they're very entertaining (which isn't a crime - we don't all do TKD so that we can learn how to pulverise people - many people do it just as a hobby).

12. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

yes, i agree.

you have to see how many moves in every pattern you plan to do to every beat of the music. it's not the same if you do one move or three.

have you maybe thought about classical music? unfortunately i don't know the titles, but a friend of mine used to have remixes of classical music. that was great.

13. tkdally

I'm not sure what type of pattern I'll be doing yet - first step is to choose the music.

My musical tastes are quite diverse - anything from Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs & Snow Patrol to Goldfrapp, The Killers and Abba.

I'd rather not do something orchestral or classical as I think that is cheesy.

I heard somewhere that one demo team did a TKD version of YMCA which sounds quite funny!

14. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

well, that depends on you and your taste. for example YMCA is horrible for me. :cool:

15. tkdally

I can't stand the song either but good comedy and entertainment value for the crowd

16. tkdally

And you're what's wrong with MAP

17. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

stop it people, i have already posted a comment regarding that member, so don't continue that discussion.

now back to the topic. i've just downloaded adagio for strings and it sounds ok but not enough power for my taste (assuming i have the right version). give it a try. or check out the sticky with useful links and find the demos by the korean tigers. they have great music.

18. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

You really need to find a copy of this:

[​IMG]

The Kaiser Chiefs and The Killers would be good choices as they're fairly up-tempo and tend to have a nice solid beat to follow.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  19. jedi_eowyn

jedi_eowyn Valued Member

btw where are the 07 world champs

20. Tansy

Tansy I train ninja guinea pigs

Blood, Sweat and Tears by Machine Head :D