Music Concerts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by KickChick, Aug 2, 2003.

1. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I am putting a list from A-Z of all the bands I have seen in the last 25 or so years (I started going to concerts at age 4:D :Angel: hahaha)..... the list is long. (may be a journal post)

Most memorable : benefit concert for Ronnie Lane in NYC (Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, bunch more I forgot) I did have tickets for Led Zeps concert slated for MadisonSq. Garden early 80's and then Bonham died.

Seeing Dave Matthews end of this month and Steely Dan is Sept.
    ... and Fleetwood Mac is coming to nearby city next month (tring to get tix)

So been to any good concerts lately?
    What was the most memorable?
    Who would you give anything to see in concert?

2. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

I saw Dave Matthews Band in Lafeyette, Indiana.

They Rocked!!!!

3. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

I havent seen that all that many. Ive seen:

Aaron Tippen (country) GREAT
    Diamond Rio (country) ahh ok
    Blessid Union of Souls (pop) GOOD
    Jewl (pop) GREAT
    M2M (pop) SUCKED
    Goo Goo Dolls (pop) GREAT
    Five For Fighting (pop) SUCKED
    LL Cool J (Hip Hop) GREAT

I think thats it. Im not sure. I wouldnt mind see'n Eminem, Stained, or LL again.

4. BSR

BSR Valued Member

Just last Monday I saw one of my favorite bands in concert, Dream Theater.

Also appearing were Queensryche and Fates Warning. I'm not a big QR fan, but Fates were very good.

5. Jim

Jim New Member

Too many to count!

Question for you though, KC: How did Steely Dan get their band name? :)

6. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

Well at present my list is very small.

I have been to see

The Corrs
    Eminem(which was totally amazing)
    of course at the eminem concert there was also xzibit D12 obie Trice Cypress hill but 50 cent had flown back :( but hey there is always next time

i have seen a lot of other bands live at a big roadshow thing radio 1 did in Irvine including the Manic street preachers and sisqo.

7. Fergie Boy

Fergie Boy New Member

Been to a few gigs but about the only concert I have been to was Bon Jovi and Michael Jackson supported by Sheryl Crowe (I think)

Would love to see

Iron Maiden
    Guns N' Roses
    Elvis
    The Who
    Sheryl Crowe

8. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Jim you naughty monkey! William Burroughs has alot to answer for.

Concerts: Thousands. I used to be part of a Collective that put on, organised etc Gigs in Wales. We also used to follow many bands around.

Best Gig Ever:
    Bad Brains at James Street Labour club, Pill, Newport Wales. They blew us all away with their Feral noise.

Also the Butthole Surfers at Stow Hill Labour Club, Newport Wales.

Husker Du on every gig of their first European tour (I used to like kipping on peoples Kitchen floors).

Faith No More as well-probably four or five gigs that just blew me away.

Please tell me that some of the Americans on these boards have heard of the above Great American bands...

Best gig recently was The Sneaker Pimps, a Groovy noise.
    And GoldFrapp- as they just have something in their Dance/ Rock etc colision

9. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I didn't have to look that one up in my Steely Dan Dictionary ... because I did read Naked Lunch.... written the year I was born in fact!:D

.... still compiling my list here!

Heard only of the Surfers SoKKlab... the others :confused:

10. SoKKlab

Heard only of the Surfers SoKKlab... the others :confused
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad Brains Legendary D.C/ NYC Hardcore Punk band (1978-Still going?)

Husker Du (1980-1988) originally on SST then signed to Wrner Bros.

Faith No More-Huge Hardcore/ Thrash/ Nu-metal/ Noisemonsters

Last edited: Aug 2, 2003
  11. BSR

BSR Valued Member

I saw them on the Brave New World tour in 2000. I only hope they'll come here again after the new album is released.

12. Jim

Jim New Member

I thought Bad Brains were from Jamaca?

Why'd you bother reading Naked Lunch, when it's a movie? :D

What about what was your worst concert ever? For me it was B-52's; bad seating, no guitar (can you imagine Rock Lobster with no guitar?) and too much protesting about causes!

Some of the best were in the small venues so it feels more personal. Saw George Thoroughgood & Delaware Destroyers at Festival Hall and it had the feel of a pub gig. Chilli Peppers with Regurgiatator were great, Dire Straits were great, many others but that's all I can come up with at the moment.

13. SoKKlab

Nah Bad Brains were from DC/ NYC (heroes to Henry Rollins-Black Flag, Rollins Band etc and Ian Mckaye of Minor Threat/ Discord records), they just came on some times as Jamaican with their dodgy reggae toons, which interspersed their rabid hardcore thrashpunk.

Rock Lobster without Geetar!-Sacrilege!

Causes-Like what? 'Feed the Roadie?'

14. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I saw the Stereophonics live in Cardiff a few years ago, when they were at their best (ie, not rubbish like now) They were immense, really really good live band.

I've seen countless other rubbish pop acts at several Party in the Park events.. why I still bother to them going I don't know :)

15. Jim

Jim New Member

Causes like green house emissions, feed the planet, save the whales, etc. Just thought it wasn't that appropriate at the time. We just wanted to have a good time and they REALLY pushed the message issue. Almost between every song!

16. SoKKlab

Don't you just hate that when you go to see a band and then it becomes major Political Shenanigans? All i'd want from the B-52s is an hour long version of Planet Claire not a lecture.

I didn't mind it so much in my Anarcho-Punk days (I felt that most of it was a bit daft, but I like bands that can tear your ears off with sound and fury). You expect it in that environment.

Best time ever (in a strange sense) was when I accidently went to the wrong gig because of a venue mix up and walked into a Christian Heavy Metal (!) gig.

After the initial Beffuzlement, I ended up Merrily singing along to 'Jesus blows the sinners away' for a good hour or so, but it was a bit freaky, particularly as apparently Satan is responsible for the decline in songwriting skill in the Western world according to them....(I thought it was the Spice Girls?)

17. Jim

Jim New Member

Don't mind me as I hijack your thread, KC... :D

I went to a 'gig' (read as: Suzuki Masters concert with my daughters) and after the performance there were refreshments with the performers and I couldn't help but think what happens at the end of one of our gigs where there's guzzling of bootloads of alcohol, pashing and 'you guyz rock!'.

I gotta tell you that I REALLY wanted to do the last bit at least just for the feel of the thing but the missus wouldn't be in it. Some people are just no fun at all...

18. inacan

inacan New Member

I only saw 1 concert in my life and it was this year.

Ozzy Osbourne with Voivoid & Finger 11 on June 4, 2003

Awesome

19. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Way too many concerts to list or even remember -- but I do remember the first one I ever went to -- it was the Rolling Stones, and I believe it was their first appearance in the USA (or one of the first appearances).

20. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Kinjiro Tsukasa ... we may have seen many of the same performers.
    Take a look at my journal entry "Listing of Concerts" ... Iknow I missed a few here and there
    I just saw the Stones last Oct. ... but wished I had seen them "back in the day";)