Mushroom workout LOLs

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Mushroom, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Dr's have no spaces until another few days, so I need to call everyday to see if any cancellations.

I have friends who know and train with Rosi in Kings Cross, so I may have a look depending on what I got.

Cheers :D

2. Mushroom

Confirmed by the quack...no back issues. However no heavy lifting for another week.

So boo. However i discussed my knee issues whilst i was there..because..why not?

Had an X-ray simply an hour later! And so goes the process again to see how my knee goes.

This cold/flu symptoms needs to bog off though.

3. Mushroom

First bit of boxing sparring in 6 weeks. Light and (a bit) of Hard sparring.

Well aware of my weaknesses so those need to be addressed. First Amatuer Boxing bout at the end of the month. Will try to get someone to vid it...and depending on the result will post it :D

Note - head hurts :(

4. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Good luck, train hard, wish you the best!

5. Mushroom

Sparring again yesterday (Sunday). Speaking to my MT coach about my boxing bout, was nice to have the class revolve around me slightly then the following threat of
    "You're in the shark tank today" and a wry smile comes along.

This just basically means I'm sparring everyone. Although it only totalled 4 people (who was able to spar at the time) I still had to go through 6-7 rounds. Including 2 rounds with the coach.

Note to self - never forget how fast the hands of MT coach can be... ooh me face.

All I gotta do now is pass the medical. Which is a bit worrying as I have poor eyesight.

6. Seventh

Know how you feel man, I've got a medical this Wednesday. In the same boat as you too, I also have crappy vision. Let's hope that both of us make it!

7. Mushroom

Its an automatic fail as well if you've had laser eye surgery which was on my to do list...so that kinda sucks.

8. Mushroom

Woot!
    Benched 90kgs! ooh me man boobs :(

9. Seventh

90kgs? Excellent, nice one man!

10. Mushroom

Yesh. I was grunting and screaming, face contorted like I was watching a Uwe Boll movie and my spot was pretty much doing a deadlift but I repped x5 out. 95kg is next target.

Anyhoo boxing training later tonight. Will be 3rd time sparring this week. But I may ask for more padwork as I feel Im not as sharp in some areas. Im pretty paranoid about the medical but Im going to keep training like the fight is going ahead anyway. Im still within the 85-86kg range so the diet is going good and if the bout goes ahead its in 2weeks. Fingers crossed

That chocolate eclair is looking mighty tasty though.

11. Mushroom

7 Rounds of sparring (varying from medium > light heavy)
    Ironically enough it was during a medium sparring round where I got knocked down. More stunned than anything else.
    Was a left hook, right uppercut combo as I came in forcing my opponent into the ropes. I stumbled a little and coach gave me a standing 8, which annoyed me furiously.
    In a previous round, went up against a lanky Southpaw. Only a few inches taller than me, but I couldnt even hit with a long straight right. With a minute left (2min rounds) I decided to just rush forward. Knowing the sparring partner didnt like pressure and with pillow like 16oz gloves I went with a non stop flurry, stopping only to wait for a re-opening and just go again. Apparently I threw something close to 150 punches, I didnt count myself but afterwards I was in the corner trying to breathe

:)

Medical tomorrow

12. Seventh

Good luck on the medical!

13. Mushroom

Hows your go?

14. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

It always sucks when you run into a punch, especially when you're doing good. I tend to catch a hard right cross trying to come in on somebody really quick without trying to set it up with the jab first : P.

15. Mushroom

From what I was told it was a wild left, which caught me behind the ear making me duck my head and then a stiff right uppercut catching me flush on the face and made me stumble.
    A bit embarrasing as my strong points are head movement and forward pressure. How I feel that in all sparring you need these kind of moments, otherwise you wont learn.

(Just remember "Hit the one in the middle")

16. Seventh

Mine got moved to Monday, my doctor wasn't in so they cancelled on me ;_;

17. Mushroom

I has a medical pass to get beaten up!

Comedy to ensue shortly!

18. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Right, everyone form an orderly queue behind me... :fight1: :)

19. Seventh

Yay!

A trait that us martial artists have. We pay, train, and put in so much effort just to get hurt more lol.

20. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

My apologies for the necropost (or is this a necro reply?). No supplements are needed to motivate a husband :) You just tell him (with a promising look in your eye) to come see you after he's finished doing this, that or the other.

He'll set the garage cleaning speed record :D