Mushroom workout LOLs

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Mushroom, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Arms!

Bicep

Olympic Bar curls - bar only (20kg) x10
    Curls - 10kg x8x3
    Bicep curling Machine thing - 15kg x8x3

Triceps

Kickbacks - 5kg x10x3
    Cable pull downs - 10kg x10x2
    Pull downs again with ^ bar - 10kg x10x2

---------
    BONUS ROUND (after a few hours rest)

While wearing a fleece jumper and a very old Tapout hoody (inyaface.com)

20min Cycle machine
    10min Cross trainer (easier on my knees than treadmill)
    5min x3 shadow boxing
    20x sit ups (jab cross,jab cross per rep)
    20x sit ups (left right elbow per rep)

was going to do other exercises such as push ups and box jumps. but realised I had 20mins to get to work............

2. Mushroom

3 Hour Muay Thai Class

Due to coach disappearing for the holidays.

First 1hr of conditioning work (lifting 25kg weights, swinging it about core work etc)

An hour of pad work, technicalities.

An hour of sparring.

This was done after 3hours of sleep from night shift. Got home and slept for 5hrs and nopw back at work.......... :(

3. Mushroom

More sparring!

This time I went up against a friend who is helping me out with ironing out some kinks. He fights MMA in London and recently came off a 10 week camp and fight was cancelled due to injury. So....me who only sparred a few times this year vs bloke who been itching to fight.

Needless to say....I still barely live.

4. Mushroom

20min Cycle
    20min Rowing Machine

10 Cat stretch pushups
    10 Normal pushups
    10 Diamond
    10 Wide press

20 Jab/Cross Situps
    20 (2) Elbows situps
    20 Leg Raises

Light Shoulder Weighlifting

20kg Military Press x10x2
    Bar Only Lateral raises x10x2
    60kg Shoulder shrugs x8x2

5. Mushroom

25min cycle
    20min rowing

20 Jab/Cross Situps
    20 (2) Elbows situps
    20 Leg Raises

2x 30secs of pushups
    3x 10sec planking

6. Mushroom

Down to 85.7kg! and with a whole week to the competition.

Not to let up though.

20min cycling
    20 wide grip pressups

10 pull ups
    60kg Deadlifts x8x3
    60kg bentover rows x8x3
    20kg single arm T-Bar pulls (????). x8x3

shortly ruined with a chicken salad wrap and a protein shake.

7. Mushroom

Note on the interclub-competition.

Have not trained any grappling what so ever for a year! In fact, last time I grappled was last years inter-competition.

Dont expect a top 3! (unless there are only 3 in my weight class)

8. Mushroom

If anyone is bored enough to follow this, I have managed to wake up to 84.5kg! So I managed to cut quite a bit and with 5 days till weigh in (Monday is now weigh in is Friday)

This was done with a mixture of doing the below while in a rash guard,t shirt and hoody
    Cycling
    Rowing
    Skipping
    Cross Trainer Machine

No running as my knee is still a bit dodgy, however doing some sparring with friends who are in/just out of fight camps and still lasting 5x5min rounds I think I'm OK with my cardio. Was more about getting the weight down than anything.

Dont think my matches are going to last long anyway.

9. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Have your training goals changed post fight?

10. Mushroom

I'm of 2 minds. Gone back to lifting for strength. This was to be my last hurrah in the wrestling comps. However I lost due to my knee giving way to people I couldve easily beat (also I havent actually grappled for a year) So now I'm miffed and I do plan to get back into training more grappling and actually taking things seriously for a change, since I have quality training surrounding me and silly billy that I am, not taking full advantage. (though I do have some issues at home which is the main reason thats holding me back)

My other issue is also my knee, which in January I'll go see the GP and get a referral. But so far, concentrating on the muay thai, kf and weights.

11. Mushroom

Forgot to update. Coming off a week of healing from cold/flu+food poisoning. Decision was made to keep it light.
    Weightlifting on Chest and then Back the next day.

I embarrased myself by forgetting my forms during KF. To be fair its been a while since I trained, practiced them and I was still a bit woozy. Ah well...

12. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Hope you're feeling better! Cold/flu/food poisoning does not sound like a fun combination!

13. Mushroom

Still trying to figure out where I got the food poisoning from. All the food I ate were shared food. Tapas, Dim sum and buffet and everyone else were ok.
    Feeling better now thanks..thankfully I recovered(ish) from the cold/flu and then I got the tummy-achey.

14. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Are you sure it was food poisoning and not gastric flu? I had a similar thing over Christmas several years ago and thought it was food poisoning (and like you I'd only eaten stuff other people had eaten as well) until I discovered that there was gastric flu doing the rounds.

15. Mushroom

Funny you say that, we were talking about what else might've gimme it. Also my IBS possible factor...that and also I cut 7kg in 3 weeks plus mad gorging of food + lowered immune system due to cold = sickface

16. Mushroom

Shoulders

Military press - 40kg x3x8
    Lateral bar raises x3x6
    Shrugs 70kg+20kg(bar) = 90kg
    Cable pulls (lateral and then cross overs)

17. Mushroom

I've taken some time off training just due to Xmas. The last training session was during Fisho Doom's visit where I had KF and MT class. I took it easy but my knee still wobbled and made that horrible clicky sound.

I have been mulling over retirement from competitive martial arts for a few months now. My placement in the Inter-comp Freestyle Wrestling competition in December was my toughest.
    I havent trained in wrestling for over a year, I had to cut 9kg within a month due to shortish notice. (we were told that there might've been and even then, no date was confirmed).
    During the 1st match it popped and my leg went numb, so I was essentially fighting with one leg. I took myself out of the No-Gi , but I was gonna get killed anyway.

So at the tender age of 32. I officially hung up my gloves (or singlet in this case) and walk away with a proud thought that I have German Suplex'd and Cripple Crossed my way through absolutely NO TITLE WINS!

.....so here I am again. After 2 mochas, a diet coke, Lamb roast in belly, 3am and at work rather than at home hugging the family. I want more fights.

It could just be the current amount of sugar,caffeine and euphoria of high amounts of protein and carbs thats making my hands shake and a mild headache due to everyone else moving way too slow! But it could also be the fact that I feel like I got a few fights left in me.
    I've yet to step into a MT match and training with competitve MMA fighters and managing to stand my ground with some (the less crazy ones) I also want at least one of that as well.

Yes my knee is buggered, something which I will get looked at, if I need surgery then so be it. TBH I preferred if I went under the knife just to get it sorted and hopefully I'll get somewhere along the lines of that in Febuary.

My cardio is still strong. and I'm still walking around at my competition weight. (84kg) when I was walking around at 90-92kg and still look like I kept my muscle mass. My diet has vastly improved and noticably especially from my family who no longer buy as much junk from Tescos.

I want my "One More Round" and I'm out to get it.....but first....I need this sugar buzz to finish.

18. Mushroom

Not kept up with the log. Must apologise.
    To be fair its more of the same weight lifting, although a bit lighter as my lifting buddy/coach is on a training holiday in Thailand. (grr)
    Focusing on one area at a time like always Chest then Back then shoulders this week.

Have to thanks CosmicFish for the advice of using the alternate grip for shoulder shrugs. Feeling strong, for some reason I was struggling with the lateral bar raises, but when I got to the shoulder shrugs I felt strong.
    I always felt like I can lift more when I shrug but my grip was never strong enough and it kept slipping.
    This time, instead of a total of 80kg(with bar) I placed another 20kg and did
    3 sets 5 reps - 100kg. Technique wasnt great but I was able to hold it at the pinch for just a split second. Think I'll stay maybe between 80-100kg on shrugs to get grip technique right.

Promise to keep this log up to date (for my own benefit)

19. Mushroom

5x Pull Ups
    10x Push-ups
    15 Body Squats
    ----------------
    20 mins = 24 rounds

20. Mushroom

Shoulders

Smith -Shoulder Press
    bar only - 20kgx10
    40kgx10
    40kgx10
    20kgx15

Lateral bar raises x8x3

Shrugs 50kg+20kg(bar) = 70kgx10x2

Bent Over Cable Crossover pulls - 10kgx10x2
    5kgx10x2