Muggings go unreported in despair at police

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Nevada_MO_Guy, May 20, 2006.

1. KaratekaAndy

KaratekaAndy Male (95% of the time)

Another problem with chavs these days... :mad:

2. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

Thats just seems wrong :mad: , aren't they there to protect and serve or what.
    That not only seems wrong, it is wrong. Did you ever tell your kids that something was going on?

3. Lucy O'Malley

Lucy O'Malley The Mother Art

No....One was 5 and the other 6 months old at the time.

I just stopped taking them out on my own for a while as I did not want to be in a vulnerable situation, where obviously my children would have to take priority in all situations.

Lots of love :love:

Lucy

4. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

I'm starting to see why there is a problem with communication in the UK reporting muggings.....or any crime.

Ms Appleyard said she had made several complaints to police about the gang outside her home in Knottingley, West Yorkshire, but no officers had been to visit her to take the issue further.

Instead, she found herself under investigation when officers received a complaint from a 13-year-old girl, after Ms Appleyard finally lost her temper and pleaded with her tormenters: "Please, just f*** off". Two weeks later, officers called at her house and issued her with the fine.

"When the police came I thought it was because I had complained. I never dreamed they had come to arrest me.

Sergeant Neil Haley, from West Yorkshire police, defended the force's actions. He said: "We appreciate that anti-social behaviour can be frustrating for people but they should not take the law into their own hands."

Mother of two fined

That's sad :cry:

5. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

Well they would wouldn't they? Going back to a time when the police could beat a confession out of you isn't the answer, somewhere in the middle would do just fine.

6. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

I know a girl who was lured to a house and raped, but is terrified to go to the police because of the stigma. With the current lack of rape convictions he would likely get off and she would be made to look like a liar. she used to work with the male in question, and subsequently left her job because she was terrified to go to work.

Needless to say he'll regret it some night I catch him out.

7. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I know where I used to live unless there was a personal injury to report, they told you to go to a police station and fill out a report, no cop would show up. Thats the world we live in now....

8. Topher

Topher allo!

Said the man who who did f all with the original complaint :rolleyes: