Muggings go unreported in despair at police

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Nevada_MO_Guy, May 20, 2006.

1. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

What is Mayday?

Mayday

Attached Files:

2. Garrin

Garrin New Member

Thats full disclosier for you.

My point is that the police would have known that this gang or group was in the area and making trouble. You will be suprised what you remember about descriptions and such when you are asked about it in the right way/technique.

Obviously I cannot comment on the situation as I have little of the facts however if there was a reason/ grounds for arrest then I am sure that the officers would have taken it. Contrary to the media we do not louse around all day eating donuts and moaning about the paperwork. We enjoy catching the bad guys.

3. Damien Alexander

Damien Alexander New Member

Garrin...

I must ask if you would clarify "disclosier for you"?
    Please don't get me wrong,I'm not trying to enflame here,I just don't understand the statement.
    Do you mean it's just over and done with?
    If the answer might enflame, you are welcome to pm me.
    I'm just asking for my personal knowledge.
    Hell, I may already know what you mean...but for the amount of food I just ate in china town,I'm lucky if I can find the floor!

wait...I'm sitting on it :D

Thanks again Garrin

4. Garrin

Garrin New Member

Very basically full disclosier means that the defence should have all elements of the case against there client disclosed to them in full. i.e the police would have to disclose and "submit" every peice of evidence even if they belive that it does not show anything (your cctv). This is in order to give the defence all the facts etc to allow them to defend there client fairly in court.

Hope that makes sence, have just got up :p

5. Damien Alexander

I gotcha.
    Thanks for that .
    Now I got some coffee to attack myself....
    ;-)

6. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

It's spelled "disclosure" if you want to look it up.

7. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

May Day is the first of May. It's a public holiday in most countries, as it is traditionally the International Workers Day, or something like that.

Last edited: May 26, 2006
  8. Damien Alexander

why? you seem to be resident english teacher.
    you''ll do just fine.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

I lost nearly all respect for the police after an incident at a demonstration in the early 90's. I witnessed the police beat women,hippies and crusties to unconsciousness and basically causing a peacfull demonstation to turn into a riot. Its quite scary having four policemen in full riot gear chasing you with a beating in mind.

When I have needed police help they refused, I had my flat broken into and cheques stolen and cashed. I knew who did it but the officers I spoke to told me it wasnt thier problem it was the banks?????. They also told me it would be illegal for me to defend myself If i cought the guy breaking into my flat(which is wrong).

There was one time they were very helpfull. My dodgy landlord changed the locks on my flat and tried to extort money from me. The Police were really good and understanding and sorted it out straight away. My mother who is a social worker(child protection) has nothing but praise for the police that worked with her. She said they were very proffesional, well trained and very understanding.

Too be honest I think its a bit of a hit and miss affair with the police in the UK, you will be ok if you get one of the good ones.

10. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

Thanks for the response.

We don't do a "First of May" day here.

Some of the country will celebrate the 5th of May (Cinco De Mayo), since it is a good reason for a beer, but it isn't an official holiday.

11. KaratekaAndy

KaratekaAndy Male (95% of the time)

I totally agree with you Bammx

Our law system is more concerned with the rights of the criminal rather than the rights of the victim

Think it's time I turned vigilante... :woo:

12. Haha... The police?

There's two chavs in the nearby town. [I live in the countryside] and they regularaly attack people, start fights, abuse passers-by and are known for drug use, threats with knifes... The list goes on! - Point being they have been on their "last warning" for about the last 50 offences.

When I was younger I was walking up to my girls house and the two of them demanded my phone, which I gave to them on the grounds that there were two of them and they had shiny things in their hands. :rolleyes:

Reported it to the police who took two whole months, to take my phone back as "evidence" [Yep. Their prints are on it. Sorry that took 20 mins. Here's your phone back... Not.]

In the end they were fined £75 compensation between them. [For a scar left under my eye from a swing with what they reckon was a key.] - And that was it. They threatened me to drop the charges, which I refused, they still mouth off when I walk past and the Police haven't done anything despite the fact that they've committed offences since then.

So erm... Yeah. I think I'm gonna elbow them to death next time I see them. I don't have any faith in the Police doing anything about them.

13. quartermaster

quartermaster Cat-like, stretchy guy

I think it's a mixed bag, like any other group of society. There are good cops and bad cops. Of course nobody talks about the good ones.

I have had two experiences of the police, both somewhat positive. On one occasion my high school called them in to ask a few questions when my friend and I were shot at from a passing car with some kind of extremely low power firearm. My friend was hit in the elbow but it just left a small burn mark like a cigarette. They asked their questions, disappeared and nothing happened after that.

On the second occasion, the entire county force (Essex) laid seige to my college (Epping Forest), searching everyone for weapons. According to the officer, they had had reports of guns and knives, not to mention the growing drug problem. Later that day I overheard half of a telephone conversation on the subject. Specifically, "He brings guns to college." and, "You want to raise a kid with that?!"

Probably about bloody time they raided the place, in retrospect.

14. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

One of my cousins is a copper, and he's a really good bloke.

Another one of my cousins is a copper, and he's a bit of a tool.

I think that conclusively proves that they are a bit of a mixed bunch.

15. Cuchulain4

Cuchulain4 Valued Member

I dont think its the police who are the problem, its the impractical system they have to work by.

16. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Please explain.

17. madmike

madmike ow that hurt not

black people tired to rob me in moss side and their is nout the police can do because how they goona find them but we shouldnt allow guns coz we might have them but there are too many psychos about.

18. KaratekaAndy

KaratekaAndy Male (95% of the time)

He's basically saying how the police are bound by factors like Political Correctness. :Angel:

19. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Oh. I assumed he was being serious.

20. Lucy O'Malley

Lucy O'Malley The Mother Art

I think the problem now, with people not reporting crimes....how can we ever expect something to be done about say a paticular crime or group of people etc if there is no logs mounting up or series of events and similar descriptions.

I have the neighbour from hell, supposedly scitzo and now registered with mental health....so the police do not have much point to arresting her as they know she will be let out the next day (but they still do lock her up when possible anyway) and if and when any cases go to court she gets let off with a slap on the wrist, because the courts favour mental health, but the police still want every little detail reported as without a mount up of offences they will never be able to deal with her and get the verdict that they want.

The police are fed up with her and they have instructions not to go to her house without at least 2 squad cars because she is that dangerous, but not dangerous enough to take off the streets obviously :confused: .

But it is because of all the reports that eventually a court order was issued for her to be sectioned for a month, o.k she was let back out but it is now on her record, which will at least help her next victim somewhat in court.

And the Police happily turned up to drag her into the nutty mobile in handcuffs, because they would not have missed it for the world.

The police even have to reluctantly go to her house on a daily basis, because she wants to report a false crime against someone else on the street. They know she is lying, but they have to go through the routine of taking her statement anyway and they even question the people she falsly accuses, because they have to follow it up regardless of their beliefs in her.

They even came round to our house to see our 5 year old son because she accused him of harrasing her earlier that day....they were then embarrased to find he was sick in bed and had been for over a week and he was the nicest little boy who would not say boo to anyone. They still spoke to him though and took details on our 1 year old too, but left shaking their heads, saying this has gone too far and that was the day they took her away to the mental hospital.

So they do what they have to do according to their rules and regulations, believe it or not most of the police are quite nice normal people who want to help and can see who genuinely needs their help, but their hands are tied too
    and often procdures can be long winded.

But saying that.... I have had a bad experience with the police, that when I was being stalked they would not even come out to take a report, at this point I thought well maybe it is not a big issue and I am over reacting, but then I got a text describing where I had been and what my kids looked like etc. So I phoned the POlice again and again to be told get rid of your phone.....ey what, he has followed me and you are telling me I need to get rid of my phone and he even said you have probably asked for the trouble, I said "and had I been raped I was probably asking for that too by the clothes I was wearing, your sick the stalker is in the wrong not me".

So using some of the information texted to me over a period of time I found an address on the internet for a name that had been dropped in parts in different texts ( I had assumed on purpose to falsly accuse someone) but none the less I figured this is the only lead towards the culprit and I phoned the police and told them the name and address and said I was going round to sort it our myself.....they then said no wait an officer will be round in a minute. They came round straight away, took a report went to the address that I had given them which then led them to the guy that was stalking me. It turned out he was harrasing the people at the address I found too. He was arrested within a week or so.

But I guess the Police guy I kept getting on the phone just gets far too many crank calls all day that he has lost respect for everybody that phones up. It took me over 20 calls and a threat of dealing with it myself for something to be done.

But I would still report a crime anyway, as without it what if the same guy comes back and kills you. They would not know where to start, but with previous reports they would.

Lots of love :love:

Lucy

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006