Muay thai is defendless on streets

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by MsjFreak, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

You mixed up your W's & C's?

2. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Learn to leg cross block. Learn how to guard against legs and knees. Learn to parry. Learn to pivot. Learn to clinch!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  3. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

I'm too ignorant about karate to risk being that definitive, especially here.

4. Moi

Yet Muay Thai is fair game?

5. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

It's more that i know so little about the many styles of karate that i wouldn't have been surprised if someone was able to prove me wrong, as it would have been nothing other than an assumption that all styles of karate were unable to be practiced under Muay Thai rules, as for it being fair game, i'm enough of a fan of Muay Thai to speak on it in broad terms, but i'd be unable to get specific or technical about it.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  6. Moi

Mixed you up with the O/P, thought this was your ridiculous notion. I apologise x

7. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Man I really missed the 90s.

[​IMG]

8. Moi

Didn't look anything like that from what I can remember? Needs bass

9. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

As a person who did the whole RHPS scene for several years in my youth- ahem. that isn't the 90's. I did that scene in the years surrounding high school and a bit beyond. I graduated in 1983 and I wasn't a first generation RHPSer by any means. (Movie came out in 1975.)

Sorry Philosoraptor, you are off by a decade or two.

10. Moi

Although I went to a great show in Liverpool Empire in 89. That was a ball!

11. Ste_88

Ste_88 Valued Member

You could attack the groin until the mid eightys in international Thai, they still do groin shots in Thailand. Albeit with a cup..

12. Moi

Better to not bother with the pelvic thrust if you're defending then?

13. Ste_88

Ste_88 Valued Member

Rocky Horror references aside, I'm lost.

14. Moi

Aparanyly we've all got it wrong and thai boxing is useless
    The new kid on the block is kids club karate as they defend against groin shots

15. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I was just saying we should do the time warp. ;_;

16. Moi

Just a jump to the left?

17. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

Damn it I was just getting into Muay Thai :(

18. Moi

Your only chance is surgery. Otherwise you'll be defensless on the street. You'll never make it to the gym!

19. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

that... explains a lot...

20. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

First off, your a troll, you exposed your trollishness by starring that you watched youtube to come to your conclusion, this means you've never participated in or routinely spectated kick boxing of any kind, therefore you don't have the proper foundation to draw any sort of conclusions about the techniques or the methods used to train them in kick boxing or any other martial art. Bottom line you lack experience all the way around.

As far as boxing is concerned, you grew from a medium troll to full adult troll when you actually tried to allude that boxing is a sport that isn't effective in the street.

Your comments on karate are weak, here you attempted to mature in your tollishness, yes karate can be used in combat, if you learn your front kick in a karate class or a muai Thai club its still gonna work. If you doubt the front kicks effectiveness produce nuts and I will provide front kick. You will quickly find that moving out of my kicks range or raising you knee feels quit natural and easy even though you arnt a martial artist.

Back troll, back.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015