Muay Thai in Oxford

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by cityofangels, Aug 2, 2005.

1. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

I'v got friend who was interested in joining just for BJJ and he walked away as they were pressing for £70 a month. I'm sure its not the only payment option but its the one they push you into.

Well, we did that and you were not interested. I find any Thai Boxing camp not willing to spar with tai chi guys very funny indeed lol.

2. chokeout

chokeout New Member

Business is a business and the club spent a lot of money puting everything inside which is the difference between some one who is charging £5 and teaching from a comunity center and some one who is paying 3 to 4 grand rent per month.

Who ever was pushing you the £70 pounds was not forcing you to only pick £70... If you have anything against the club then thats your problem but i am 100% sure that your freind did not just get offerd 70 pounds as i myself am paying 50 pounds.

Hey i dont know what were the arangments when Alemao was there but you are welcome to spar with us anytime.... My Real name is Brian and i train every friday and saturday so you can ask for me if you do decide to come.........

And from what i remeber there was only one time were a group of guys came down ofering to spar before their competiton but they didnt turn up on the week end and we were laughing at them for the whole week.

If that was you no offence and if it wasent you then please do come down and and lets try muay thai vs tai chi

3. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

lol the way I remember it was that OMAA were really relectant to sparr with us then after you agreed that it might be mutally benaficial and you would get back to us (which you never did), we called OMAA to see if it was going to happen only to be told "you didnt turn up, stop wasting our time", when infact no time or date was set and it was left with OMAA to get back to us.

Feels a lot like a cop out to me. We did spend about half an hour watching a Thai class (it was a while back but I think it wasa fri day time) and the level of sparring was really lame.

4. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

And dude, i'm an adult, I don't rise to thinly veiled threats.

5. chokeout

chokeout New Member

You are right if it was far back ago everyone did fight very LAME.....Because everyone was a bigeener and just started training and like every begineer you need a few month to catch the techniques........

Once again If you want to challange me or my freinds level of muay thai... Why dont you come down and we will see who is better...

What hapend with master alemao is his problem.... I was told on the week end that you will turn up to fight me and some other heavy weights but when we got therir on saturday no one turned up. Obiously no one is going to take you seriously after that........

If there was a miss comunication with alemao then too bad... From what i remeber we were doing you a faiviour since we were told that your guys have a fight coming......

All i know is that you sound very cheeky and if you have half the size of balls you say you do why dont you stop chating trash on a website and come down on friday or saturday....
    If you are going to come up with an excuse in the next message you post then that shows it all.....

6. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

LOL who is talking about challanging?

LOL see, that only works if we are told as well.

Yup, you were doing us a faiviour, and as we must have taken half an hour talking to you guys about how we were not there to challange anyone (which was the first position you guys took) and that, no you cant sell us "sparring" classes (which was your second position) before you agreed that some semi competative sparring would be mutally benaficial, I cant help feel that just not getting back to us while telling people at your place that you had agreed to sparr was a very conviniant way to avoid the whole issue.

LOL, I came to see your club and left unimpressed, what do you want me to say?

7. chokeout

chokeout New Member

LOL so you came down asked the admin for yours guys who have a fight coming up to spar against compleat begineers from a gym that just opend ....... (and you finde it surprsing that the staff were hesitant and cautious......

You never tired the training, LoL

you never tried the facilites or the instructors..... of any martial arts offered

Over a year & few month later you decided to write crap about the club online saying that you left unimpressed and giving the wrong information about prices

All i have done as an OMAA member is defend the incorrect info that you are providing to people about us....

You are always welcome to come to our sparing sessions and the doors are open to everyone in any level to come down and make up your own minde, but dont trust this guys info as he clearly does not know what he is talking about.
    If the club was half as bad as this guy is making it look like then we wouldnt be lucky to have such instructors teaching us...... just write omaa in google and do your own reaserch.......
    <Personal insult removed>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2009
  8. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

First off, we spoke to 'The Master' as well as a few "Admins" who were in the room. Secondly, they were not so cautious at the point that they thought they could sell us time. Thirdly, my spelling sucks and I never normally mention anyone elses but dude, the way you write makes my head hurt.

Also at the time, no one said anything about you guys being complete noobs and upon a google search it was quite easy to find multiple OMAA thai sparring and "gradeings" on youtube.

I don't think i ever reported on or implyed any knowledge of anything other than the limited interaction that I have personally had with OMAA. Infact in another thread, I have given positive comments about the BJJ at OMAA after a friend whom I trust gave me a good review.

I just say it as I see it.

Again, I just say it as I see it. If an independant individual goes looking to join OMAA is quoted £70 and tells me so, thats what I'm going to say. And yes, I was unimpressed, hence I'm going to say i'm unimpressed.

Why is there no price list on your web site?

Well, not really, all you came here for was to give OMAA a free advert

9. chokeout

chokeout New Member

I am sorry that my english hearts your head i will try to make it more simple....

If i were to advertize i would use the full details of the club rather then just the name... (like oxmac has in the previous posts)

Encourging people to make up their own mindes thats a diferent story........
    You are providning untruthfull information about OMAA and by doing so you are creating negetive vibes amongs people. You have never tried the facilites or trials.... <Personal Attack removed>

And affcourse i am going to answer to all your coments no matter how rediculas it sounds...............
    I personally think that you do have some kinde of a gruadge.. I am a Bjj and a Muay thai practitionar... i am not bosting that i am the best but only protecting my clubs reputation <Personal insult removed>

10. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

I think your internet fu is weak as this is totally lost on me. Post a link to what ever it is you think I have said about punching out trees.

11. chokeout

chokeout New Member

That took some time for you to finde.....

Internet Fu ...... camon..... you claim to be the adult hear and if any one goes through our conversation or any og the the previous posts that you have regarding punching trees and fighting 15 girls at the same time should come to the canclusion that something is not right..... I have never known anyone normal that writes the things you write....

You are fueld by something thats not geniuine, for example if you look at the posts on
    http://www.efnsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=7834.0 you will notice that there is a geniunie note of concern. I dont think you have a valid reason to write CRAP online.... <Personal Insult removed>

12. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

LOL as much as I am flattered that you read back over my past post, I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that you are just not very bright. If you had not already told us that your name is Brian I would have allowed you the excuse that English is not your first language.

Before this thread is inevitably locked, I think you should post a link (if you don’t know how to I can help) to my post referencing punching out trees that makes me look such a "loony".

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  13. chokeout

chokeout New Member

You pretty much quated in every single post that you put up....... If this is your thing then good for you... I dont have to do anythin who ever is reading this will click on your name and will read your previous posts.... As far as you being a looni this just proves the point... You mentioned that you cant spell. (and that my english hearts your head)... now you are referning to my english....... I think you should give it a rest after all you are 98 years old lol lol

14. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

LOL just lol!

15. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

I'm basing my info about prices from a telephone conversation I had regarding the prices and from a chap I met who trained BJJ down there, all other info comes from the website and comments on forums from folks like yourself who say they train there. I'm happy to be corrected but my general impression was that OMAA had good facilities and good instructors but was a tad pricey. Not pricey compared to Muay Thai/BJJ in London but pricey compared to what I am used to as I trained at university clubs.

Great it will be good to get some first hand info.

Personally, I think not advertising your prices at all is more confusing as nobody has any idea of what the options are. Putting the various plans up on the website would be helpful. Regardless, I was under the impression that to train BJJ twice a week was around £60-70 a month. Is this wrong? I'm genuinely curious as I would be interested in training at the club if it's within my price range. From what I have heard the BJJ class is excellent and Roger Gracie instructors always have a strong reputation.

That's always a good sign but I haven't seen any questions about any record apart from Master Alemao and I thought he wasn't associated with the club anymore?

That's a nice offer but I don't see anyone besides lioukalt who has commented negatively on the level of instruction and his comments were directed at Master Alemao who has since left? So why do you think anyone wants to challenge anyone? Asking for information is not issuing a challenge.

What are you referring to here? Has anyone said that on this thread? Also please don't swear it's against the TOS of the forum.

It's a matter of etiquette and it varies between clubs and style. I call my BJJ instructor Luiz not professor however I fully recognise his skill and ability and if he wanted to be addressed as professor I would have no problem with it. It's not so common in the UK however for teachers to be addressed as master/professor/sensei when outside the training environment. Or at least that's my experience. I think that was the point Lioukalt was getting at but I think it's horses for courses.

I'm glad to hear it and it's nice to get some first hand info about the club.

16. CKava

Ok having reviewed the thread here are some mod comments.

chokeout> Drop the personal attacks. Lioukalt has been clear about what he is basing his opinion on. It's in this thread for anyone to read and it's also clear his comments are directed primarily at an instructor who is not even involved with the club any more. Furthermore, I am not entirely sure but I think you are mistaking lioukalt quoting someone for his actual comments- I do not recall lioukalt ever recommending that people punch trees or that he would beat up a 15 year old girl with his kick. I do remember some other posters making such comments however so I think you are getting mixed up. This is supported by the fact that you have so far failed to provide any link to prove what you are saying. You are guilty of doing part of what you are complaining about i.e. making judgements without providing evidence.

On top of this your level of spelling and lack of punctuation is atrocious. If English is not your first language that is to be expected but otherwise you are giving the impression that you take very little time to actually think about what you are writing.

Making poorly spelt, badly phrased posts that include lots of personal attacks and swearing is not a good way to promote OMAA. This is a shame because as someone training there it would be much better if you were providing clear information about the club rather than getting into badly spelled internet arguments!

So in summary, please continue to post but please think about posting more information and taking a bit more time to construct your posts. Also, drop the personal attacks and the swearing because they are against the TOS.

Lioukalt> I think you could have been a bit more forthcoming in regards the whole sparring/challenge scenario. It does sound like there was something a bit weird going on but I think it would have helped clarify your position. I think it's also worth recognising that since Master Alemao was the person in charge of the Muay Thai class when you were there it's a bit unfair to judge anything about the current class on this basis. Different instructors means a different class.

To the both of you> The whole sparring fiasco sounds bizarre and silly. In particular, it is very silly on your part chokeout to blame lioukalt for not showing up if no-one informed him that he was supposed to. It also sounds like lioukalt was simply interested in a bit of a friendly sparring session and the repeated references and offers of challenges are not really creating a great impression of the club. I do think that lioukalt is being a bit unfair by blaming the entire club for the actions of a few individuals including a departed instructor but there you go.

I realise that you (chokeout) are annoyed with lioukalt for his comments but issuing challenges on the internet is not the way to deal with that. Surely the best way would be to simply offer a friendly sparring session or something like that? You (chokeout) seem to be doing this occasionally but when it is followed up by repeated mentions of challenges it doesn't make the prospect of a friendly exchange sound very likely. Nor does it create a great image for the club.

No-one has said anything bad about the BJJ of the Roger Gracie class nor has there really been any opinion offered on the current instructors/classes of Muay Thai so I really don't understand the need for all the hostility!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  17. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Chokeout, I think that given a reasonable environment you would find liokault a nice guy who is happy to work out, spar and trade ideas. This is what I found when we were at an open sparring day. As mentioned this sounds more like a case of misuunderstanding.

powchoy

18. chokeout

chokeout New Member

Dear Ckava thank you for replying to my comments i think that your comments are fair. I would like to apologise to Likout and any one for my offensive comments.
    Powchoy I also agree that there was a misunderstanding between me and likout. I am sure if we ever met he would come across as a normal character.
    Please let me add the following..
    As an amateur Muay Thai fighter I was very offended with the comments below made by
    Liokault
    ’I went for a look at this place....very poor level indeed. Take a look at their 'sparring' on you tube lol.’

’Not impressed. The thing that made me giggle was every one calling the teacher "master" lol, is that normal? I mean, not even just in the class I watched but also in the office after....lol’.

‘’I cant help feel that just not getting back to us while telling people at your place that you had agreed to spar was a very convenient way to avoid the whole issue’’.

I felt that theses comments very personal towards the guys training hear.
    (currently there are three groups of members, recreational, amateur and professional)
    Liokault visited the recreational session were there are all new members learning new techniques and he is unfairly criticising the club calling the level very poor. Then he is implying that we chickened out from sparing thai chi guys, even though we spar 100% every Saturday,,,, interclub and with whoever needs to get ready to fight from the club. Please understand that my reaction only came from my passion towards Muay Thai and my natural reaction to protect the club I fight for.
    Again i am sorry for any personal comments made

If you have any more questions feel free to ask,,,,,,,,

19. CKava

I appreciate the response chokeout and I can see why you got annoyed but I think most of the disagreement is just down to miscommunication. Do you train BJJ and Muay Thai? If so do you know any details about the BJJ such as how much it would cost to train? I know it will depend on how often you go and so on but what's the general price range? I'm missing BJJ training ever since I moved up from London so if the price was reasonable and the timing suited I would be very interested in visiting the club.

20. chokeout

chokeout New Member

Ckava i am not sure about the general price range, i am paying £50 a month for a gi and no gi classes. I know that there are lots of promotions and offers. I think their are some discounts for groups and for people who bring their freinds, I joined a year ago and i dont remeber much.
    just out of intrest could you please tell me were you traind in london and how long ?