Muay Thai in Leeds

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Johnno, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

A friend's daughter did a couple of weeks at a Muay Thai training camp while on holiday in Thailand, and she absolutely loved it. She would like to carry on training now that she's back home.

Can anyone recommend a good Muay Thai school in Leeds, please?

Many thanks in advance for any help that anyone can give.

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Doubt you can do better than Bad Company.
    I'm sure there are other gyms of course but that's the one that immediately springs to mind.
    Their website seems borked at the minute though. :(

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Website's up...looking pretty good to me.

http://www.badcompany.co.uk/

I've trained with various people connected to Bad Company (Pierre Mahon and Richard Cadden) and been there once for a grading and it was all good.
    There are few places in the UK, let alone just in Leeds, that have the rep and pedigree of Bad Company when it comes to Thai Boxing.

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

It's a great fighting club but I've heard rumours it's a tough club to train in. A place you're going to get beat up in? Bit clicky? 2nd hand info but from a reliable source so I don't know

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I should see the guy from Leeds this week ill ask him more :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  6. daggers

daggers Valued Member

Kiatphontip, bad company, tobins, or just outside outside of Leeds is jai Muay Thai,

7. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Cheers. I've looked at their websites. Jai is miles away, Tobins is a bit far, but the other two are both pretty accessable. Any particular recommendation out of those two?

8. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

where about in leeds?

kiatphontip has a JKD program too! it is in the middle of a traffic junction - if you head from town to chapel allerton

bad company has an international fight reputation thats supposed to be top notch.

9. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

She's in Moortown, but down the end nearest Gledhow, so Kiatphontip should be pretty easy to get to.

10. daggers

daggers Valued Member

Go down to both and see which you prefere, both are as good as each other, kiatphontip seems to be the friendlier gym :)