MTV2, Final Fu... make what you want of it

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by ThaiBxr, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Which Brian? The TKDer or the Karate guy? (Hoping it's the TKD guy!)

Anyway, some nice eye candy, but not a whole lot of substance. The sparring is ludicrious, tbh, the styles are not really a good cross-section of MA (all Korean and Japanese?!?), and even the personalities of some of these people annoy me to no end. That doesn't even begin to compare with the utter lack of personality exhibited by Mr. Reyes, Jr. and the starstruck quality of some of these competitors.

I liked Brian W's sparring, even though he was "too rough". It was better than the slap-fest that was Whitney and Johnathan at the beginning of the show! What a nightmare, neither of them looked like they have ever thrown a punch prior to production! And what's up with the "no guards"?!?! AARRGGHH... I could go on.

At this point, I'll watch it to support whichever one is gay and for laughs. It's certainly not a very good show.

2. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

.... it's Bryan R. btw, who is the Moo Yea Do stylist

Yeah, I saw show #2 last night. Admittedly the Hapkidoist had no clue how to point spar.

... poor Barbie (Whitney) although she tried and despite her "guns" & growling she lost big time ;)

3. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

First off, what on earth is "Moo Yea Do"?!?

Secondly... looks to me, from reading the bios, that they ran the karate and tkd comp circuit looking for some attention-whores. Shame, this isn't a bad premise, but the execution... awful.

4. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

I guess some people are just stuck in fantasy world........

I guess I'm not one to talk, I still make Bo Shuriken in the basement sometimes........ :D

5. Zentenk

Zentenk Valued Member

Watched it last night as I was watching the Contender on ESPN... it was like fear factor with some fighting or some junk. The camera man is some drunk monkey that is beating off in a tree, made me nausious. John vs. Whitney was pathetic, he was patting her belly then finally landed this cool flying kick and she got all mad like a wildebeast (probably charging her chi up).

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  6. shaolin_hendrix

shaolin_hendrix Hooray for Zoidberg!

I saw an episode, and I thought it was pathetic. The challenges were rediculous, and the fight disgusted me. No grappling, no head shots, the judges even commented that the TKD guy was using "too much aggression." Ugh. It didn't even resemble a fight. How can you expect a person who does Hapkido not to grapple? The fact that there are so many ATA and XMA people in it shows that the show is more interested in gymnastics than martial arts. I might watch the Hung Gar guy's fight, but that's it. Final Fu should die.

7. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

that was so, so funny...there are so many moments like that in this show, i'm probably going to end up watching it again tonight. i know everyone here hates bullshido references, but for anyone who reads there, the whole show really reminds me of the "diary of a teenage ninja" thread :p

8. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

maybe i should enter the next season, take somebody 2 the ground & get kicked off, just for the hell of it :D . and throw a kick to the head before that :D .

9. shaolin_hendrix

shaolin_hendrix Hooray for Zoidberg!

lol, do that and you'd be my hero :D

10. Jointlock

Jointlock Valued Member

As if there would be another season.

11. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Moo Yea Do its basically TKD .... same stancework, punches, kicks, and there are 17 forms to learn.

Beginning at mid-level you learn to incorporate the more circular footwork of Tai Chi as well as the presses and joint locks of Aikido.

It was developed by Tiger Yang who was a HK film star :rolleyes:

12. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

And we know he's gay how?

13. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

because he sounds gay and he talks constantly about how he's fighting to prove that "gay people can do things too". i don't like him much.

i was thinking the other day...i could probably win the whole thing AND turn the show into even more of a joke if during the sparring i bent over and charged headfirst at my sparring partner. from there i could just windmill my fists and they would hardly be able to hit me without hitting my head. i think that would be awesome.

14. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Well, I missed episode 1 and the first half of yesterday's epidode, so I missed the interviews. I think he fought yesterday, and I taped it. I'll reserve complete judgement, but it would be cool to have a gay fighter beat up on the breeders. :p

15. ANCIENTMASTER

ANCIENTMASTER New Member

Mirko Filopovic

16. ANCIENTMASTER

ANCIENTMASTER New Member

I just downloaded the Hans vs Ruby fight...wow pathetic. They aren't allowed to punch in the face? It is the most pathetic show I've ever seen it looks like power rangers on crack. I may not know very much about MA or the D34dLY Str$$T techniques...but I'm pretty sure dropping your hands and throwing lame punches and weak kicks is not a good idea. Fedor could take them all on at the same time, I'd rather watch a decent looking truth(pride) than an occasionally pretty lie.

17. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

All kidding aside, what scares me is that this is the current crop of competitors in the circuit. It's scary that these people are black belts (some are 4th and 5th degree!) and look like they do when sparring.

I don't expect perfection, but if you're running the MA circuit, I expect that when you're asked to point spar, and that's what you've been doing for years, you can actually point spar. And throw a punch. *sigh*

GO GAY GUY!!!! WOO HOO BRYAN ROGERS!!!

18. Zentenk

Zentenk Valued Member

I watched the self proclaimed gay guy vs. the korean guy... that fight was pathetic. The gay guy fights like my 11 year old step-brother and the Korean guy didn't want to look like an idiot so he stood there like I would and absorb all the puny hits. The gay guy said something like "I knew he would do kicks so I got in close and I looked like a duck humping a telephone pole". There is no skill in these fights, there is no reason to be afraid of a takedown or a knockout, just rush in and start patting the belly and you win, kicks are useless. I don't know their names sorry, and I'm not going to watch it again. I would end up punching a hole in the wall wishing it was one of their faces.

Power Rangers > Final Fu

19. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

would be... but don't get too excited.

Anyone fighting with a bag over their head could have won the fight he fought. ;)

So what did ya think of the gals fighting??? :D (just curious)

20. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

I actually thought that Ruby versus Jessica (IIRC) was the best fight yet.

But I'm still gonna root for Bryan R. to make it to the final four, and so far he's #3. As long as Mullins gets knocked out of the running. Like he needs another $25,000. :bang: