MTV2, Final Fu... make what you want of it

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by ThaiBxr, Oct 7, 2005.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

But I do love the gaff. When someone calls something idiotic but can't spell the word correctly. :D

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Korps-a-lot what are you on about here?!?!?! :bang:

:D

If someone can take you down and rub your face off with his super wrasslin' moves - thereby not only hurting you... but embarrassing you... then what difference does it make that the didn't use his 12th century Yabusame skills to put an arrow into you're spleen from 30 yards away while at full gallop?!?!?! :eek:

3. dradondeaux

dradondeaux New Member

hang on guys

I didn't say i don't respect the grappling forms. I just expect to see the "worlds best martial artists" fighting in several different styles thats all.

It always comes down to what to me looks more like a street brawl then two martial arts experts fighting. Thats all that was meant. Ya'll look way to deep to find hidden meanings guys.

4. JinkokMike

JinkokMike New Member

well I think it's pointless but I'll watch it as it should be funny.

5. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

Stop hurting this thread with your ignorance. This is a pleasant a thread about the lameness that is Final Fu.

Go visit the MMA forum, where they can further enlighten you, or, even better, actually watch MMA, or, better yet, spar with some MMA athletes.

6. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

When does real fighting ever look like "two martial arts experts fighting"?

7. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Movie fu :D

8. ThaiBxr

ThaiBxr Banned Banned

No, you just have no clue what you're talking about that's all.

9. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

FYI ... the show premieres July 17 on MTV2 with Ernie Reyes Jr. hosting

Unlike other MA fight shows, like UFC, the fighters that are scheduled are not allowed to take opponents to the ground but it should still be entertaining ;)

10. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

Hahaha.... when I saw the part about "arduous challenges" and "tournament point based fighting" I was reminded of that Discovery Channel documentary about XMA, where they refer to point fighting as "where martial arts theory meets BLOODY REALITY."
    Face shield, dip-foam hand pands.... yowza. Somoene could get a bruise!

Part of me wants to fill out an application. Maybe next season :p.

11. LiaoRouxin

LiaoRouxin Valued Member

The MMA fighter Joe Camacho entered, when the rules on fighting weren't publicly established, but he got turned away for being "too wrestling oriented". Sounds lame. But if the first episode goes on Youtube, I'll watch it.

12. Cuchulain4

Cuchulain4 Valued Member

:D

13. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

If someone goes on that show and supplexes there opponent I'll give them a fiver.

14. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I read that Jeff Durbin will appear in the first episode ... he played the role of Johnny Cage in the Mortal Kombat World Tour, and the roles of Michelangelo, Donatello and K.C. Jones in the television pilot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    He has bb's in TKD and Karate.

He says and quote .... "You'll see some pretty brutal stand-up martial arts on the show," he said. "Virtually every martial arts style will be represented."

http://www.azcentral.com/community/chandler/articles/0701cr-fighter0701Z6.html

15. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

I wonder how they'll represent styles that do a lot of grappling, joint-locks, throws if it's all standup point-sparring. That seems like an awful lot of styles to make the above claim. This basically removes ANY Jiu Jutsu derivative. But I guess there aren't that many of those :rolleyes:

16. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

point sparring: helping produce even more martial artists who can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. the sad thing is that most people will probably like this stupid show better than the ufc just because point sparring looks prettier.

17. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

I am by no means a fan of point sparring and I train in and teach MMA, but let's face it, flash and showmanship sells. To the general public, most NHB fights are too technical for them to follow. Which is a bigger draw as a spectator sport: real wrestling or fake? This may not be nearly as hardcore (or street effective) as NHB, but if the show is well done, at least it could be positive for the image of the martial arts in the eyes of the general public.

We will have to see what the quality of the show is like after it comes out. Personally, I'm glad to see Ernie Jr. get some exposure and I hope this turns out to be a good vehicle for him. I will probably see him out in Ca. next week when his father puts us through mastery testing and I can get his input on it. (He is the type who will tell me if it's not worth watching, even if he is the host).

P.S. Guys, please cut down a bit on the macho posturing. All that testosterone is giving me a headache. Some of us on the board (like me) are too fragile and frail and get intimidated by all you rugged he-man types :rolleyes: .

18. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

LOL ... does reek a bit huh ? ;)

If there is any posturing to be done go do it on the hunks thread ! ;)

19. CCG2

CCG2 Valued Member

the show sounds intrigueing (did i spell that rite?) enuf to watch, and martial arts could really use the exposure that MTV can provide. HOWEVER, if this turns out to be total garbage, which right now it looks like it will, it would be very ugly. And how can they claim to have all styles if they don't allow grappling? Most of all tho, I wanna see what some UFC or even Pride fighters think about this show.

20. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

i'm pretty sure that most ufc/pride fighters aren't going to be too impressed by a show about point sparring...they do fight full contact for a living, you know.

no, no, and no.