MTV2, Final Fu... make what you want of it

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by ThaiBxr, Oct 7, 2005.

1. ThaiBxr

ThaiBxr Banned Banned

2. never

never Registered Hero

Oh no... :bang:

This sounds like a few other MA 'styled' TV programmes. I say 'styled' as the challenges issued weren't specific to MAs, and their sparring was terrible! reality TV...

How can they determine the best style with challenges and sparring too? What about a heavy hitting system, imagine Muay Thai (for eg.) in point sparring?

Doesn't mean I won't watch it though. :Angel:

3. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Just looks like another Fight School...

4. never

never Registered Hero

Thats the name of it! Its the one I was refering to, but I couldn't remember the name. :eek:

5. Jointlock

Jointlock Valued Member

I'm kind of offended by the flash intro. Really stupid looking.

6. Sever

Sever Valued Member

That Flash intro made me feel violated - and not in a good way ;)
    Has the world of TV really sunk so low that they would seriously try to blend "The Real World" with "Fight School"? The world is doomed

7. dradondeaux

dradondeaux New Member

Finalfu

All I Can Say Is Wow.. I Hope I Never Accidentally Watch Catch That Show

8. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Crap...

9. Koryo

Koryo Valued Member

Soooo........these guys have never heard of the UFC? I wonder if they'd listen if someone told them it's already been done over a decade ago.

10. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

Incidentally, SpikeTV and MTV are owned by the same company. I wonder if this is an attempt to cash in on what they feel is a trend spurred by the growth of MMA and the UFC in particular.

Also, I noticed it said "stand-up, point-based tournament fighting". This makes me think two things:

1. No grappling
    2. The series will be a point-sparring version of The Ultimate Fighter, which sounds really lame.

11. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

I think you nailed it linguo. Sounds about like a suckfest to me.

12. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

When things that suck get together and go for a beer, sooner or later the conversation comes around to that TV show, and they all say "Man, that really sucks."

13. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Couldn't really look more lame it it tried.

Sigh what a bunch of baloney.

As if there are not enough lame point sparring contests out there in different arts. Oh my we wouldn't to actually hurt anyone with our 'martial arts'... I know let's just pull our punchs and instead we'll award a point! :bang:

Jeez that's pathetic.

14. dradondeaux

dradondeaux New Member

I think ultimate fighter is idiodic.. all they wind up doing is grappling on the floor. These guys are supposed to be awesome MAists yet all I ever see them do is wrestling.

15. medi

*pulls up a chair and grabs some popcorn*

16. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

So grappling is not a martial art?

17. medi

Clearly not. Also stand-up fighting is clearly not "idiodic" like wrestling. Punching someone requires at least 50 more IQ points than putting on an armbar.

Consider yourself schooled, slip.

18. Swoop

Swoop Valued Member

I think your comment is idiotic. I'm also offended by it.

19. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Wrestlers are MAist's.

But if someone knows different MA's and only wrestles then they aren't doing the best they could.

20. Koryo

Koryo Valued Member

Duh, wrestling isn't descended from the Shaolin temple, and it doesn't have forms, and it uses live training, and it doesn't have belts, and it's not asian, so clearly it's not a martial art.