Movies you enjoyed, but would never recommend

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Donn1e, Jan 9, 2014.

1. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

Not familiar with sifi, but I have seen Lady Terminator. :)

2. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

World Sinks Except Japan - All non-Japanese immigrated into Japan and tried to fit into that society.

A glove was on the ground in a forest. It was home for a rat. Soon a frog moved in, then a rabbit came, a fox came, a wolf came, a wide pig came, finally a bear came. That glove got so filled up ...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCbPbV_W0hg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCbPbV_W0hg[/ame]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  3. pseudo

pseudo Padawan

Ah yes, Asian cinema. There are a lot of asian movies that I have seen, I am happy I saw them, but I will never watch again, one such movie is Gozu, I'm pretty sure I went threw a full spectrum of emotions just because I wasn't sure how the hell I was suppose to feel. Wasn't sure what the hell I was watching half the time. Happy I saw it, was quite the experience, needed a shower after, will never watch it again.

4. LapsangSouchong

LapsangSouchong One lump or two?

Two of the most unbelievable titles on the thread - checked on Amazon.... Real!?

Dude... Killer Klowns from Outer Space deserves a recommendation for 4 reasons:

1. The front cover
    2. The part where, like, 7 clowns get out the back of that tiny car
    3. It's got clowns in it
    4. Clowns with spikey teeth

Killer Klowns from Outer Space: In Space No One Can Eat Ice Cream!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  5. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Sharknado

Baza

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Ooh there's lots of those - Ghost Shark was great too!

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Perfect Blue. It's actually a superbly made anime in every department. One of my favourites that I'm averse to recommend to anyone beyond my circle of close friends due to the uncomfortable rape scene, and it's technically a cartoon. Tend not to discuss my massive interest in anime/manga with anyone who isn't also an uber fan.

8. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Repo man is one of my favorite movies of all time. I have a thing for some movies that are objectively pretty bad, but have some kernal of awesome in them. I really enjoyed both Prometheus (I know, I know - it should have been better) and Dark City, but completely understand why someone would not.

9. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

This film traumatised me as a kid, "Mummy whats that coming from Bunnies ears???" pretty much a gore fest for a children's cartoon.

Actually named a pet rabbit the General after General Woundwort as he was always chasing my family dogs (big old English) and actually fought off a Fox when he got loose in our back garden (I heard the commotion and came down and saw him kicking out at the fox before I chased it off with a spear I had downstairs from training) but ended up with a big scar over his eye and a broken ear...:evil:

Cheers

Dan

10. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

dark city was awesome :D

11. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I love the bit when the Circle Jerks (one of my favourite bands) are performing lounge versions of their songs.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dR5j_GYOQA"]Repo Man - Lounge Band - YouTube[/ame]

12. 8limbs38112

8limbs38112 Valued Member

Someone rated the movie blood and bone and gave it a low rating. But when I found it on youtube I loved it. I give it a 9/10. The beginning is super hard when Michael jai white whoops kimbo slice and his crew in prison. ive watched it 2 or 3 times which is rare for me to do now days.

13. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Good Man...!

Travess

14. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

Starship troopers. ( hanging my head I shame)

15. philosoraptor

Great movie - most folks just don't get the joke.

16. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

You know my wife still thinks it's all about killing spiders. She did get the end Gestapo scene in the end though.

It is one of the most obvious jabs at the u.s and yet you are right raptor. No one really gets it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  17. StripedPickles

StripedPickles Valued Member

Donnie Darko
    Being John Malcovich

Blood Sucking Freaks, classic B grade horror.

and only because I remember the name from when I was younger and it cracked me up.
    Jessie James meets Frankensteins Daughter

18. philosoraptor

It was Verhoeven right? The moment I started to love it was when I realized that humans were the bad guys in the flick, and by the end they had basically lost the war. Really loved Robocop as well.

19. Rhythmkiller

Yeah i haven't seen ghost shark yet but it is on the list.

Baza

20. Rhythmkiller

Robot Jox, don't know if i'd watch it now but better than Pacifi Rim lol

Baza

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014