Movies with FMA's

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by EmptyHandGuy, Feb 7, 2009.

1. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

I've seen a couple of films which contain FMA's for the self defence skills of some of the charactors (The Hunted for example). Can anyone tell me if there are any other films that have FMA's in them?

2. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

FMA in Movies

Hi GB,

The Blade trilogy, the Bourne trilogy, hmm, I haven't watched Taken yet, but I hear a lot of the moves are FMA like.

Bill

3. EmptyHandGuy

Hi Bill,

Thought that Bourne was krav maga? Theres a little bit of FMA's in Redbelt aswell which I think is Sayok kali.

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Riddick Chronicles (Sayoc)
    The Process (aka Ultimate Fight) (Modern Arnis)
    300 (Inosanto Kali)
    Bourne series (Sayoc)
    Pacific Connection (Modern Arnis)
    The Hunted (Sayoc)

For starters

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Demolition Man
    Rambo 3
    Equalibrium

A few of the Steven Segal films.

6. EmptyHandGuy

Yes! I remember one Seagal film with Dan Inosanto in.

7. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

DI in Seagal movie

Or "Sticks" as he was called!!!

Bill

8. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Burton Richardson put together a straight to DVD movie called "MMA Street Fighter/One Percent". I have seen nothing more than a clip on YouTube. Definitely FMA in there and they filmed part of it in Manila.

9. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Yeah the movie guys really racked their brains comming up with that original name:rolleyes:

10. mick shore

mick shore Valued Member

Hawks vengeance with cass magda is silat and kali, sharkeys machine has guro inosanto cutting off burt reynolds fingers with a balisong as well as a few other scenes.big stan with rob scheider has a couple of the guys from the inosanto academy in it plus a quick cameo from dan inosanto .I like the start of big trouble in little china with jeff imada where he threatens kurt russel with the stick and knife. I heard it took a good few takes to get right

11. Heston

Heston New Member

Ballistic

12. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Ballistic?

Hi,

Was the one word "Ballistic", a comment or a film?

Bill

13. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Exposure

14. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

It was a movie.There's one particular sequence where Lucy Liu is showing off some FMA that you'll never see in a Charlie's Angels movie.

15. Heston

Heston New Member

film?

16. Heston

Heston New Member

Resident Evil

17. blindside

blindside Valued Member

18. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Meh. If we listed every movie with a brief double stick sequence, etc. We'd be here all night. What with the frequent stunt work of folks like Burton Richardson, Jeff Imada, etc.

Jeff Wincott did a couple of movies in the 90s that featured some double stick sequences. Not sure of his background though. May just have been trained by Burton Richardson for those particular scenes.

19. BakbakanFighter

BakbakanFighter Valued Member

jet li did a great scene in kiss off the dragon where he beat up a load of french cops! always makes me smile!

20. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Jeff Wincott

I believe JW has a Kenpo background, although I'm not sure which which stand of Kenpo.

Bill