movies that move you

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by aikiMac, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

There's a bit in "Toy Story" where Mr. Potato Head takes his lips off and plants them on this backside becase one of the other toys is kissing ass. Pure genius and it had me pointing and laughing at the screen... :D

2. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

It's very funny, but did it actually move you? :confused:

3. Chimpcheng

It moved me to tears of laughter and I spent a few months wanting to be a potato... :D

4. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I admire a person who sets their sights high, and what could be higher than the potato: the noblest of all vegetables! :D

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Well, you are a bit like a potato aren't you Monkey. :p

6. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Re. Toy story. Animations are great, cartoons too. They move me just as well. Ice Age is a recent fave.

Yea totally that animated cowboy is the nuts sack, but he's not a patch on jonny depps pirate.

Mr. potato is cool for sure.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  7. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Can Johnny Depp's pirate remove his lips and kiss his own ar$e? Can he remove his own eyes and hold them aloft for a better view? I could go on, but you get the picture.

Mr Potatohead deserved an Oscar for that performance.

8. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Yea Mr. potato rocks. Now you've made me want to go get it again to watch. You evil man!

A weekend of Animated 'kids' films sounds just the ticket. Scooby dooby doo!

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Hmm forgot Shaolin Temple.It's just great,and all great films move me. :)

10. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

How could I forget Ghost Dog:The Way of the Samurai !Either my memory is going or I spend too much spare time watching films! :)

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I watched 'A Knight's Tale' once again this weekend with my son, and as always, the bit when he is reunited with his blind old father got me all choked up.

It feels embarrassing to be so moved by a childrens' film, but that one moment gets to me every time.

12. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

"Did he change his stars?" :cry: Ya, good movie. Great movie. It's one of the few I can watch 20 times and still enjoy it, what with so many funny lines and the jousting. Oh yeah. Would that jousting was still a spectator sport.

13. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

The bit in 'Michael Collins' where Collins has a right go at one of his own men for pointing a gun at Harry Boland; and the bit where they fish Harry's body out of the water.

Overall I think it's a bit of a flawed film, but one thing it does very well is to convey the sense of futility as old friends and brothers-in-arms are drawn into opposing sides in the civil war which you, the viewer, know is coming.

I found that pretty moving.

14. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

A Town Like Alice - watched it again this week... really a great movie, if it is an older one.

another old-but-good... Operation Petticoat (Tony Curtis, Carey Grant).. Too funny!!!

15. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

Combat Footage

16. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Did anyone put "Its a wonderful Life" yet????
    Now THAT is moving!!!

17. Chimpcheng

"Breakfast at Tiffany's" moved me to great violence and anger, I mean check out the blatant and obscene racism with Mickey Rooney's character! Outrageous!!! :woo:

18. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Not seen it ,but that song "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by that awful band in the 90s (I think) REALLY moved me to violence!!! :woo: :woo:

19. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Um Hum! Full Metal Jacket! Brings a tear to my eye everytime! :cry:

20. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I think someone mentioned 'City of God' before.

I was particularly moved by the bit where Lil' Ze makes one of the street kids shoot one of his mates. You see him crying while he waits for the bullet, and it hits you hard that he's a very, very young child who should be playing with toys and being loved and cared for by his family - not living (and dying) the way that he is.