movies that move you

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by aikiMac, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I intend to never let it dirty my eyes! Nor do I accept that Episodes I and II actually exist!

2. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Episode I was complete genius when compared to Episode II which was DULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! Episode III almost makes up for it with harrowing scenes of Jedi destruction, Yoda having his buttocks handed back to him by Palpatine and of course Vader screaming "Nooooooooooooooo". Marvellous. :D

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Dont try and defend it Monkey boy!

If I were George Lucas I would be working on a master plan to brain wash everyone into forgetting it ever existed.Surely between himself,Steven Hawkins and Bill Gates they could devise a plan to do that!If I were his wife I would be reminding him on a daily basis exactly what he did .

4. DirtyHarry

DirtyHarry Warrior

i have alot of movies that i think are really moving, but the only ones that come to mind right now are: Rocky movies, Braveheart, Star Wars Episode III (that Jedi part), Pursuit of Happyness, Cinderella Man, Rambo First Blood (the ending)...and thats all I can think of at the moment heh :)

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Talking of The Phantom Menace, the last episode of Spaced regularly moves me and never fails to bring a tear to my eye. :)

6. Chimpcheng

Just wait till you see "Star Wars Holiday Special" you'll realise that Episode I to III are masterpieces when compared to that. I sat in tears as my fave Star Wars characters were parodied played by the very actors themselves. Almost passed out in anguish as Carrie Fisher sang a song to the Star Wars theme and had to bleach my eyes and ears during the wookie pr0n scene...

And yes, it was by George Lucas and yes he is ashamed of it... :D

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Wookie p0rn scene :eek: :cry: :cry:

8. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

i think its time someone put old George out of our misery...

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Maybe,after all,he has served his purpose!

10. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

I've tried to get hold of that, but no luck. Is that where Chewbaca gets the nickname 'Chewy' from....

:cry:

11. Chimpcheng

No no, this came after "Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope" where Chewie was refered to as Chewie. It was however the first time you see Boba Fett, albeit in a cartoon they are watching, before Lucas re-added the Jabba/Solo scene.

You see Chewie's son, wife and grandfather (the grandfather is the one with the VR gear watching what can only be described as pr0n as he's clearly getting off on it).

It also used space footage excised from Star Wars.

12. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

It was a dirty joke....you mentioned wookie pr0n....

13. Chimpcheng

Well, being innocent I wouldn't have got it... :Angel:

14. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Well, half of Ep III is good, like when Palpatine corrupts Anakin's mind and when Anakin kills the younglings and when Anakin fights Obi Kenobi. Half is crap, like when Jedis keep dropping their lightsabers (Puh-leeze, even Yoda can't grip a saber! Argh!) and when Yoda gets an ass-wupping by Palpatine (Yoda is so not a mighty Jedi).

For completeness you really should begin at III and procede forward. The fight between Anakin and Obi is almost worth it right there.

With the minor exception of the pod race, I also deny that Episodes I and II exist. They don't exist. I will never ever buy the DVDs. Fortunately they are unnecessary for the story. (Whew!) Episode III gives you all the background info that you need.

15. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Another movie that moves me: "Fargo."

Flawlessly made. Worthy of 100 Academy Awards. But gosh, I felt like a pile of poop when it ended. That movie sucked me dry of all good and happy feelings. :cry:

If only it wasn't so well made I could forget about it. :cry:

16. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

another good one is An Unfinished Life...

17. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

"saving private ryan"
    it makes people who know nothing about wwII stop and think about what those couragous men and women went through and it's about time that we show our admoration and thanks for what they did to secure our freedom

18. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

along that line, "Band of Brothers" is beautiful

19. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

"The Great Raid" was pretty good too in the portrayal of the rescue of 500 POWs from a Japanese prison camp near the end of WW II.

20. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

That bit in 'Zulu' where the Zulus are singing before they attack: it makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. Then when the Welshmen sing 'Men of Harlech' right back, it's awesome.