movies that move you

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by aikiMac, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

In highschool, my History Instructor showed us a tape of when Auschwitz was found by the soldiers, we saw the ovens, the chambers, we saw alot that isn't often shown elsewhere, that still sticks with me.

2. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

That series will never cease to give me that hollow feeling in my stomach.

Another movie I remember watching as a young teen was To end all wars if you asked me now I couldn't tell you what happened I just remember having that hollow feeling once again. My good freind amazon will be posting it shortly.

Another one is the Incredible journey and not that homeward bound crap version either.

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Neverending Story. :)

4. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

The thing with "The Neverending Story" is that it ends, after three movies and a TV series, but the fact remains, it still ends... :confused:

I have the same problem with "24", on DVD it doesn't last 24 hours (yes I know why :D ) and how come a big cliffhanger or revelation happens just as the clock is about to tick down to the start of the next hour..?

5. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

You ruiner...:p

6. Chimpcheng

Oi you, get back to work!!! :woo: :D

7. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

I would say the same to you but it might an idea for you to start work first you've been there about 4 months and done sod all!!

8. Chimpcheng

That does it, I'm taking you out of invisible mode... :woo:

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

That's very true.I was thinking about that at the weekend whilst watching Limahl miming very badly to the song! :eek:

And yeah Monkey boy,do some work! :love:

10. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

forrest Gump is just a classic, my favourite by far.

i actually found Rocky 6 moving too

11. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

There's a 3rd "Neverending Story" ?! :eek:
    Dude, how'd I miss that?!

Wait, come to think of it, I never actually watched the 2nd one. Only my kids did. Oh.

12. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

From what I remember numbers 2 and 3 went off a bit.

13. ember

ember Valued Member

2 used a lot more of the material from the book, but I didn't like it nearly as much. I don't think I've seen 3.

By the way, the author's name is Michael Ende. :p

14. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I never actually read the books.Hmmm maybe I have an excuse as I could buy them for my niece. :eek:

15. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

The opening and closing scenes in 'Saving Private Ryan' are almost very moving, except that I get totally distracted by one of Private Ryan's family members (the blonde in the pale blue top) who has got the most fantastic pair of jugs.

It's funny in a way, but it's not exactly a great bit of casting.

16. Chimpcheng

Episode III and “Executive Order 66”. We all knew about the great Jedi purge as it was hinted at throughout the original trilogy but seeing it in action was harsh. Anakin’s attack on the Jedi Temple; Little baby Jedi coming out of hiding upon seeing Anakin only to realise he’s behind the attack; Ki Adi Mundi charging ahead, having the time of his life killing baddies only to have his soldiers turn on him; and of course Yoda realising too late what is going on…

Sci-Fi opera at it’s best…

17. ember

ember Valued Member

As far as I know, there's only the one book. It's different.

That was moving, but the two scenes that got to me the most were the reentry at the beginning, and the confrontation with Padme at the end.

18. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

yes, but the whole "i love you, no i love you more" scene just killed it

19. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I have thus far managed to avoid Episode III after the carbunkle that was Episode I and II. :cry:

20. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

honestly, IMHO, it's worth avoiding. there's some great scenes, but Lucas really shoudln't be allowed to write dialogue. he sucks at it.