movie fight scene

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by maressa, Jul 1, 2015.

1. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

Not sure if this belongs here or in the movies section but here goes. This is an interview with Adrianne Plolicki who played the evil Ms Perkins in John Wick. She describes why the writers chose BJJ as her fighting style. Good choice. Ms Perkins is smart enough to know that getting into a stand up striking contest with a guy like Wick would be a losing battle. But not smart enough to know when she is being set up. If you've seen the movie you know what I'm talking about. Here is the interview www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llzfnc-K38c

2. maressa

maressa Banned Banned

John Wick is a testosterone fueled action flick so throwing in a female assassin was a nice touch.

3. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

It was choreographed by a friend of a friend of mine. I wasn't aware of Jonathan Eusebio (a student of Guro Dan Inosanto) until my friend (and his) told me about him. But it turns out that he's had a hand in quite a few action flicks lately. Look out for his work. It's good stuff.

Edit: And, yes, it belongs in "Movies and Television." Moved.

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

There was a concious choice of making her BJJ and John Wick mostly Judo. Although, I didn't realise till the jacket choke came into play.

Adrienne Palicki is becoming quite the action star herself.