Movie companies are at it again

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by LemonSloth, Jan 15, 2014.

1. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Some of you might remember the Carrie prank in the coffee shop from a couple of months back which was awesome.

Now it seems the guys behind the advertising campaign of the new films "Devil's Due" have caught onto the same bandwagon. I gotta admit, I fell about laughing at this.

But I guess the question is does this kind of advertising make you want to see the movie any more than if you'd just seen it on tv?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUKMUZ4tlJg"]Devil Baby Attack - YouTube[/ame]

2. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

That's funny, but I could just imagine someone keeling over with a massive heart attack when that thing goes off!

Wouldn't be surprised if someone sued them. I believe that Americans sue people for MUCH less than that.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  3. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I was half expecting a copper to try and arrest someone when the baby rolled up to the police car and flipped it the bird.

4. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I'd buy one of those for Blade. :evil:

5. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

That was funny. I can only imagine me jumping out of my skin too.

Baza

6. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

I'm guessing you're just joking here, but in case you aren't, that isn't really true. Nobody I know has ever sued anyone.

7. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

So when Americans talk about what a litigatious society they live in, they're only joking? :confused:

Surely alll the stories of people suing their local supermarket because they slipped on a grape, all that sort of thing, they can't all be urban myths, surely?

8. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Most of those stories are exactly that: urban myths. And yes, most Americans are speaking in complete ignorance. Part of the reason that perception exists is because when a corporation does pay out even a modest amount of damages they have the person who sued them sign a gag order preventing them from disclosing any information about the settlement. Then the corporation's PR people grossly exaggerate/lie about the circumstances for the lawsuit and how "overly litigious Americans are" while the person bound by the gag order is unable to defend their position or how justifiable it was.

9. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I stand corrected. Thank you for explaining that, John.

10. raaeoh

raaeoh never tell me the odds

I wonder if anyone thought it was real? My wife might have clocked the devil child. Like this guy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sWcjq...ares. Now there is a lawsuit in the works. ;)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014