Motorcycle Enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Athleng Nordic, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Maybe JD could come up with a scooter or motorcycle. My boys would love it.

2. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

They do make a six wheeled haul about called a Gator. Fun and useful.

3. RFWright

RFWright New Member

You just have to start them young. Here is a pic of my youngest getting ready to tear up the back yard.
    Regards All...
    R

Attached Files:

4. hux

hux ya, whatever.

dude...where'd ya find those training wheels? that would be killer for my 4 year old :)

5. RFWright

RFWright New Member

EBAY my man...EBAY

6. hux

hux ya, whatever.

*slaps forehead*

thanks!

:D

7. Athleng Nordic

Hi-dy Ho fellow scooter trash! So who's been out enjoying the summer sun? I've just returned from a 3 week excursion about my home state.

Anyone going to Sturgis?

8. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

Well it’s not summer here, but I did have a great ride a couple of weeks ago. A mate I used to ride with in Sydney rode his VFR800 up on his holidays with another guy he knows, also on a VFR800. While they were up we had a great ride, about 350 kilometres and mostly mountain roads. The old Ducati went very well considering its age, and could keep up the newer bikes in all the corners, although it struggled on some of the faster sections of road as it will only do about 190 – 200 kph, while the newer bike are much faster.

The only bad part of the ride was when I took a wrong turn down a road off one of the mountains near home. The road just suddenly ended. It looked like it went downhill to the left, but when I got to the corner I saw that it had an old rusty gate across it. When I braked the front just washed out on all the loose gravel that had been left on the road surface. All that breakfall and rolling practice I do at training came in handy and I didn’t get hurt, but my bike has a lot of gravel rash on the fairing, left side engine case, and exhaust system. Fortunately there was not a lot of damage I can't repair myself. If I were on a newer bike like the VFR’s it would have cost me big dollars. The good thing is that it has given me the opportunity to do a repaint and freshen the engine up a bit.

9. jeffie7

jeffie7 Valued Member

02 F4i and 03 Fairlady Zed also know was a 350Z.

Bike has splash guard, undertail kit, frame sliders, cat eyes, highmought carbon fiber exhaust.

the car has, 19" wheels, exhaust with a JIC Y pipe, JWT popcharger, Tanabe springs, camber/toe kits, DVD player in dash TV, Passport radar detector. list goes on....

Attached Files:

10. Fighting-Irish

Fighting-Irish New Member

im getting a honda nsr 125 late next month/ early october, cant wait,my first bike!! :D

11. RFWright

RFWright New Member

Congratulations on the first bike. Always ride within "your" comfort level. Stay safe and live to buy a few more over the years.
    Regards,
    R

12. Fighting-Irish

Fighting-Irish New Member

cheers man, will do:)

13. hux

hux ya, whatever.

congrats! welcome to irresponsible livin', it's great!

:D

14. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

I would love a bike. My dads into them big time. Hes got a yamaha silverstar, its a bit like a harley but better he says... . Ive been on the back with him and it was a big buzz. I once went on the back with him when he had his Ducati 916 when i was younger. He likes the harley type bikes now as the old gits got back problems!!. I cant afford one at the mo, an also the goddam roads are so busy now. Id love a screaming kawasaki ninja or a r1. One day when i get out of uni and im earning lots of copper.......

15. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Nice bike AND car man! are they yours?

16. jeffie7

jeffie7 Valued Member

Yes sir. =) stay single long enough and you can have enough money to buy things =) Women=no money =)

17. Athleng Nordic

Know women = Know fun!

18. Athleng Nordic

Has anyone ever heard of the world biking tour? A mate was talking about it last night. It's an event where you pay hords of cash and you and your bike go on a 1 year biking tour of the planet.

19. Athleng Nordic

OOPS! I meant to respond to this awhile ago.

I hate crashing, even have a helmet sticker that says just that "Crashing Sucks"! About 7 years ago I found myself in a situation where I had to lay my bike down on purpose. I was on a 2 lane road, 1 lane each way, and had oncoming traffic. There is a family walking on the sidewalk in the same direction I was moving. Traveling at 35 mph I had some kid drive straight out into traffic from a driveway, no stopping or even slowing as far as I could tell. Well t was either hit the fool, the family or oncoming traffic, or lay it down. Bikes and bodies can be fixed and repaired, and I had control of the crash.

20. VIBEELEVEN

VIBEELEVEN New Member

I rode a friends cbr and was instantly hooked. I bought my yamaha in April of 2003 and couldn't stop tinkering with it. My wife made me sell it at the begining of this year. :sigh: I'll have another one someday. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]