Motorcycle Enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Athleng Nordic, Apr 26, 2005.

1. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

Fatboy

Nordic it sounds like we are headed in the same direction. I bought a 1200 custom Sportster about a year ago. I had sold my last bike right before I meet my wife. When I started wanting a bike again but she was against it. She stated she didn’t like bikes. I finally talked her into it. I had been saying that I wanted a HD for a long time. I showed her used ones and got her to check out some new ones at the dealer. My son in law has a Fatboy ( it’s my step daughters husband) so he was helping me convince her how much fun they were. We she finally said if I got the Sportster we she would see how she liked it. So we got it. I put a sissy bar on it and a new seat. Then talked her into short rides. After teaching her how to ride (I had a bit of a time getting her to lean with me) she really started loving short rides (about a hour or two). Well my other son in law started to want a new bike and really liked the Fatboy. This winter he bought a new one. We got the wife to ride on the back of one of the Fatboys and she really liked it. So now I getting a Fatboy and selling the Sportster. I have all ready put money on a 05 and should have the rest by next week. Life is good. :D She is even getting into the fact that you have to do a little customizing to make the bike you own. :D I do however have to sell my Sportster, I just could not convince her that I needed two bikes and she has not interested in learning to drive one.
    I have been riding since I was about 13. I started on the dirt racing and got my first street bike when I was 15. The state I lived in let you get a motorcycle license at 15 at the time. I have been ridding every since. I have had a couple of periods where I was with out one but the addiction took over and I had to get one before long.
    I rode metric rockets for years. I loved the speed. I had a 650 Triumph bonneville on a chopped hard tail that I road for a while. Man was that thing dangerous to ride. I did try to ride it after a little too much to drink a couple of times but it was so off balance I couldn’t make it far before the guys had to help me back up.

2. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

I feel the pain of costomizing the bike in my wallet. :D I had the engine guard and 3/4 dress added to the cost as well as new leather and helmet. Mate that new FXRS armor is sweet but pricey. 595 for the jacket, but worth every penny. :D Still can't get my wife on the back with me but my daughter loves to go around the front with me. She too young to ride on the street but in the neighborhood it cool.

Nevada: I gotta get one of those masks. I want one to fit over the helmet and still give me vision enough to wear on Halloween night! Oh and flames it must have flames, can you say Night Rider!

3. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

The new Ruckus is a smokin 250cc of....water cooled......ruckus.

Attached Files:

4. Drunken Miss Ho

Drunken Miss Ho New Member

The 250 Ruckus is pure beauty. But then, if I had that much extra money, I'd probably just get a real bike and a cycle license (never got caught with the 80 cc :D ) But still, I just love looking at it.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  5. Athleng Nordic

Try an 883 custom. Great starter bikes.

6. Kris x

Kris x :-p

Yes I am, but I'm 18 so I don't have to ask:D

I'm in Britain.:cry:

I'm definetly going to look into it.:D
    But I know absolutley nothing about bikes, so I'll have to do some research first:D

7. Kris x

You do realise after seeing that picture I wont sleep for a week.:eek: :eek: :cry:

*bites Nevada_MO_Guy*

muahaha:Angel:

8. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

I'll be getting a Honda Shadow 125 in the next month or so, fingers crossed, as a first bike :) :)

9. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

There are two sizes to the Ruckus, the 49cc and the higher 200+cc version. They are designed to attract a little "tougher" crowd who doesn't want a little pink scooter to drive to high school. They are built really well. I've not had to work on a single one of them yet, but they are fairly new. The smaller version is a blast off road also btw...

10. Athleng Nordic

Kris X

Deffinatly look into the riding course. You can check on line for HD anyway.

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

For anyone thinking of doing bike maintenance at home:

We have just put a new front sprocket on the 883 Sporty, and it takes 120lb or summat of torque. Because our torque wrench only goes to 110lb, we put that on, but the whole bike started moving backwards! This was with full front brake on, on a white tiled floor (our hall). We now have 2 large black lines on the hall floor.

We will be dead when Mam sees it :(

12. Kris x

I will......once I figure out what a HD is... What's a HD?:confused:

See this is why people shouldn't encourage me.:eek: :D

13. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Me from Wisconsin, the land of the HD, Harley Davidson (which are over-rated by the way).....

14. Kris x

HD = Harley Davidson.

How obvious was that?:eek:
    How slow am I?:bang: (shut up:p )

I want a pink Harley Davidson.
    Do you think I'd get one?

15. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Right then! A pink Harley? You would definitely get some attention.

Started riding in undergrad (uni for you blokes).

Had a Kaw Vulcan, but now have Honda Magna, black on black chrome. Enjoy the "cruiser" weight scooters, 600 to 750. Not really the "go fast" type. I like to ride and enjoy the view. Take it a bit south of me and ride the hills and woods, especially in the fall, very pretty. Or, take it north and ride along the shoreline.

Pretty girl on the back, wind in your face and bugs in your teeth you can forget your worries. :D

16. Athleng Nordic

Kawj, you're right they are a bit over rated and pricey but they do hold thier value.

A pink harley, we have a gal here at work who drives a pink dynaglide. Very nice. :D

Gaskell, you needed to shore it it up with blocks of wood or cinder block etc. 120 in-lbs of torque in not that much force so you might want to check that brake.

17. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

The only Hardly I would think of buying would be the Buell XB12R, but they would have to get some more power from it, and fix the handling. I could conceive of enjoying a ride on a V Rod, but not owning one.

18. Athleng Nordic

Buell is it's own company. HD just sells them for Buell.

19. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

Ouch. :yeleyes:

20. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

I thought the bought Erik out, I believe he still fronts it though.