Most important attacks for self defense

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by AmericanFighter, Feb 6, 2012.

1. AmericanFighter

AmericanFighter Valued Member

When it comes to self defense there are many theories and classes out there on self defense however when it all comes down to it it is the simplest stuff that works best.

Now I am a boxer wrestler and tai chi practitioner so I like throwing alot of punches and throwing people around in the clinch however in a real self defense situation there are three moves that can not be underestimated and they are the nut shot, thumb to the eye, and knee bash. These are the moves everyone should study.

The truth is you don't know what you are dealing with on the street the guy could be loaded with drugs and feels no pain, an iron chin twice your size or whatever. So in these cases I could punch the guy all I want and he would still be standing however if I bash his knee for instance wether he feels it or not he can't run with a broken knee.

So no matter what you training is I urge you to train more than anything these three movies and make them devastating.

Using a heavy bag that hangs from the ceiling down to the floor. practice the eye poke by simply grasping the bag and then push your thumbs into the bag. But it is very important to get you knee bash kick perfect. The kick has to be pinpoint accurate. Designate a specific spot on the bag about knee hight the kick that exact spot every time. Treat it like front kick to the knee but with your foot turned outward at an angle so your foot has more space to strike the knee.

2. masterPain

masterPain Valued Member

Here's a novel idea- use protective equipment and do these while you spar.

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

It sounds like you have exceptionally limited experience of actually fighting theses types. If you hit them hard enough the body shuts down - you just have to override the drugs with extra shots. I KO'd a guy on a full blown crackout - it just took a few extra shots to get the job done

It is a lot easier, more reliable and effective than knee shots

Whilst I love eye jabs as a starter, you are again relying on a pain/flinch response which brings you back to your original problem of pain resistance.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  4. Hannibal

Damn you multi post!!

5. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I've deleted them for you!

Stupid MAP! :)

6. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

uhhhh huh

Attached Files:

7. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Pretty sure there was an American Fighter recently banned for being a puppet account. Not sure if same dude.

8. AmericanFighter

Not me to be honest I don't post here much.

9. AmericanFighter

The eye jab is more to abstract vision so you can get away than to cause pain.

Also last but not least this is ment for people not experienced or trained in fighting looking for quick self defense tools. These is for people to learn 3 quick moves to get them out of most situations. They may not be very strong or have great technique but jamming a thumb in someones eye bashing someones knee or kicking them in the nuts doesn't require alot of skill.

Clinch someone jam a thumb in their eye so they can't see and while you have a hold of them hit them in the balls then bash their knee. Doesn't require alot of skill or power to be effective

10. Hannibal

I teach RAT as my base for students - as simple as it is in theory it is not straightforward if you have not put the flight time in. It DOES require skill AND practice. It is disingenuous to suggest otherwise

Before you mistake me, my primary targets are four circle theory (eyes and nuts) prior to anything else, but I always caveat that you must practice these every bit as much as if they were a punch or a kick. No technique or target in and of itself does ANYTHING without the training and will to back it up.

A bullet is useless with a gun to fire it from, a gun is useless without bullets to fire

11. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Not true bruh! An empty shotgun would be very useful I imagine ;)

12. Hannibal

Thanks for pooping on a perfectly good analogy....do I really have to break out the "ferrari and gasoline" one instead?

13. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Yes. Clearly that analogy wasn't good. We need a new analogy.

14. masterPain

masterPain Valued Member

Knowing that shoelaces keep your shoes on your feet, but not knowing how to tie them.

How's that?

15. Hannibal

Slip ons

16. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Y'know many people trailer their ferraris to shows without ever actually driving them. Status symbols and all.

17. Hannibal

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!

How about eggs and flour - if you don't cook them you have a mess, if you do you have pasta!

18. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

You may have pasta, but if you're really lucky, you'll have cake.

This is spoil Hannibal's analogy day right?

19. Hannibal

I hate you all just so you know

20. masterPain

masterPain Valued Member

If you skipped the fear leading to anger, and the anger leading to hate, then you are not fully on the dark side.

Which I think is a good analogy for eye pokes without clinch an boxing skill. Do I get internet cookies?