Most Helpful MAPer Nominations

Discussion in 'MAP Awards 2010' started by Gary, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Re this idea:

I believe it has been brought up before and the mod team are discussing it. There are a number of things we need to discuss about the idea before we can give it the go ahead or not.

2. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

I think this would only work if the "Thanked" counter was reset every year so that those who have been on hear for a long time don't get it every year.

I still think that there is usually one or two people every year who have done something here on MAP that has had a major impact on loads of members. This is exactly what Koyo did and I believe that special recognition award in Koyo's name would be extra special to the person receiving it.

3. Simon

Simon Moved on. Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

The downside to that is those who have been thanked for their posts over the years would have no indication of such.

In January you could have 7,000 posts and no thanks.

4. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

That is true but those who have recently joined would never win the award because there would always be someone who has been on MAP for a long time with a very high thanks count that will probably continue to get bigger.

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

You can only win the award once?

6. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

Well.... YOU can... I can win it ETERNALLY!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. kilat02

kilat02 Valued Member

KOYO. though don't see him around much

8. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Quick bit of advice mate, look back through the off topic threads and look for the one dedicated to Koyo's memory.