Most Helpful MAPer Nominations

Discussion in 'MAP Awards 2010' started by Gary, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

That being said, I don't think anyone would grumble about losing to Koyo in any category.

2. Simon

Simon Moved on. Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

No they probably wouldn't, but I am with Moi on this one.

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I agree but I feel it would be pointless as pretty much everyone is going to vote for him. He's already a legend. It's going to be a hollow win that can't really be celebrated properly. Don't k ow it just seems like he should be awarded regardless, how do you vote against him and God forbid you win??

4. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Losing to Koyo wouldn't annoy anyone but I do agree with Moi. I'd rather see his idea of introducing a Koyo Award for contribution to MAP rather than posthumously award him everything out of respect. That said he probably would of won a couple of them had we done these earlier

5. Frodocious

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing against your idea. It is a pretty good suggestion!

6. EmptyHandGuy

EmptyHandGuy Valued Member

A Koyo award for contribution to MAP would be a great way of showing both respect to the man himself but also to the person being given the award.

7. Simon

Nice, something against his name whenever anyone checked one of his posts.

8. Frodocious

An excellent suggestion!

9. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I think we were already working out the best way to work this anyway, Koyo is missed by a lot of people and to be realistic that will affect the voting from how it would have gone if events had been more fortunate.

10. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

BigMikey, Kuma, Coma, Frodocious.

11. Caleb Demarais

Caleb Demarais Valued Member

my first choice [simon s] has already been nominated so i would like to put forward van zant and patrick smith because their work in the flexibility section is always constantly excellent

12. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

I don't deserve it Mitch but I thank you MUCH for the thought!!!

13. Simon

Don't talk yourself down Mikey. People have nominated yourself, Kuma, Coma and Frodocious and others for a reason.

That coupled with the fact I don't like it.

14. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

There's no way that the winner should be anyone but Koyo.

As for other nominations, ap Oweyn always seems to have something thought-provoking to contribute. Kuma for simple, practical insights. SlipTheJab for harsh-but-accurate reality checks.

15. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

LOL... fair enough Simon. In that case y'all better hook a brother up or I'll leave again!!!

(was that better? :D )

16. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

i'd vote for a koyo award

17. Simon

Koyo will win an award and rightfully so, but I don't think this should be it.

There will be arguements for Koyo in every category, but one award in recognition of his contribution should be enough.

He will not be forgotten, there are members here (Kuma/Van Zandt) who have Koyo remembered in their signatures.

18. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Yeah thats what I mean. Create an award in his honor named after him. I agree with the ones who already said this.

19. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Koyo often led the field as the most thanked member on this site. Perhaps the "Most Thanked Member" award can be renamed to the "Koyo Award" in recognition of this fact? Just a thought.

20. Simon

The Koyo award, I like it. What a nice way to remember someone,