Most Hardcore Type of Metal

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by SickDevildog, Oct 24, 2005.

1. watto86

watto86 Nah brah I'm not gone

Ok. I posted one or two of these on the funny pictures thread. But I figured the point and/or joke with most of these would be missed on most of the people in there, so I figured i'd post them on here for all the metal heads on MAP.

Nu-Metal
    Toilet Paper!
    Don't you just love Hardcore teenagers?
    Can you read what this says?
    Eggs, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    Rob Darken picks up...
    Kochen Ist Krieg
    Ping Pong Ist Krieg
    Duschen Ist Krieg
    Basketball
    Fussball
    Gardening 1
    Gardening 2
    Cradle of Potter
    Osama Bin Laiho
    And last, but not least:
    Ub3r gr1m fr0stb1tt3n kvlt.

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Cradle suck. I've listened to them, listened to much music from the same genre and seen many better black metal bands. Cradle are bad. Also, PLEASE do not use sales figures as some kind of guage that music is good. If sales figures were any kind of indication of quality, there'd be good chart music. All charts reflect is how well something's marketed
    Loved the pics, Watto :)
    I'm seeing Zyklon on the 7th of September at a local venue - gotta say, I'm pretty psyched. Especially since the place is a converted church!

3. watto86

When you think about it. They aren't even what you'd consider Black Metal. Black Metal is more stuff like Burzum, Darkthrone, old Emperor, Marduk, Unlord, Dark Funeral, etc. Can't believe I missed that guys post at first. :bang:
    Seconded. I don't know that many people who aren't angsty teenage girls consider Black Eyed Peas or Britney Spears that good.
    Thanks man. I aim to please.
    Ooo! Gr1m!

4. leeless

leeless Handshaker extraordinaire

Is that with Enslaved and 1349? I've been looking forward to that show for so long, but I found out today that I can't make it. Absolutely GUTTED :bang:

5. Sever

Sever Valued Member

No they're not, but the less educated think they are, so I tend to try to keep it in terms they can understand (yes, I'm a snob)
    It is indeed. Unconfirmed rumours (that I've just made up) state that Enslaved's 60min set will feature three songs (their songs are LONG). Sucks that you can't make it, I'll be sure to get some pics and post them here if I remember

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  6. watto86

Dude, be thankful that you live in a country where theres a good chance that all of those bands will be back at some point. This place is a baron wasteland for overseas bands, it costs them a tonne to bring their gear here, and then when they get here, the crowds and places to visit aren't nearly as plentiful as England, Europe or the USA (only around 20 million people and 8 capital cities here, only 3 of which get international acts anyway).
    Meh, not your mistake. Its nothing to really be ashamed of if you listen to them and think they're black metal. Just they aren't. Simple as that really. Somebody has to correct them. :p

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  7. leeless

"A country" is quite a big place. I'm a country boy, so we make our own entertainment 'round 'ere...lol

Still, I see your point, and I know what it's like to miss out on so much. I think though, that living in a place like London which is a regular stop of point for most bands, influences your musical taste. Everytime I go there, there are so many people who look the same, see the same bands, play the same style. I like the fact that through isolation, there are those that are free from that influence and come up with different perspectives and sounds.

I AM THE CENTRE OF MY UNIVERSE.

8. watto86

So you're self-centred and childish? lol, just messin. I think I got you.

9. watto86

Man, i'm just listening to "In The Nightside Eclipse" by Emperor. I bought it not long ago. Probably when I started to get a bit more into Black Metal, and it doesn't seem to matter how often I listen to this album, it just doesn't get old. Frigging awesome!
    Anyone who hasn't got it and likes old school/second wave Black Metal should get it. I strongly recommend it (in case you hadn't already figured that out).

10. leeless

That was the first Black Metal album I ever bought, many years ago. Attachment to the songs is so complete that I have infact become the Black Wizards. A truly sacred album.

11. watto86

lol. Nice one. The one I bought actually came with two bonus tracks as well. They converd "A Fine Day To Die" by Bathory and "Gyspy" by Merciful fate (only Ihsahn doesn't do quite as much castrati type singing as King Diamond :p).

12. watto86

*BUMP*
    On the subject of Black Metal. I have been listening to some Dark Funeral. And even though they're a bunch of fake ass pseudo hard arses. Their music isn't to bad so far as it goes in the realm of Black Metal. I recommend them to anyone who's into BM and hasn't heard them. Especially their earlier stuff with Themgoroth and Blackmoon.

13. watto86

Going to see Cannibal Corpse tomorrow night. Man i'm pumped. Been waiting for this for years.

14. watto86

*BUMP*
    OK. Went to Cannibal Corpse the other night. Was pretty good.
    Now Satyricon are heading this way in early December. This has been an awesome year for shows... Too bad I didn't go to any of them :p. lol
    Hopefully i'll make it to Satyricon though.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  15. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Do NOT miss Satyricon. I mean it, they're great live (well they were when I saw them pre-Volcano)

16. watto86

Trust me man. I'm doing everything in my power to make it to that concert.

17. AxLxExX

AxLxExX New Member

So I looked through a couple of the pages, and most people arnt really answering the main question. You reffered to a hardcore form of metal, which would be death metal, everyone is talking about black metal, and they arnt really getting the picture. Black Metal isnt really all that heavy... IMO death metal is much heavier, and if thats what suits you, then go for that.

You said you wanted somthing heavy to listen too when working out. Your looking for HARDCORE, the music itself. Contrary to popular beleif hardcore is a music in its own, deriving from early punk. HARDCORE is not metal. Alot of people said Hardcore bands were bands like Converge, thats so far from the truth its not even funny. Converge is metalcore. Get into HARDCORE for workouts, its really upbeat, and it wont necisarilly have the gross vocals, or gross lyrics. Hardcore is straight up heavy heavy heavy music, great for working out, because it gets you really pumped. I listen to hardcore when I workout, and I actually find that I lift more, cuz im that much more into it. Its good heavy music, alot of which has a positive view of anti drugs, and anti negative decisions.

Here follows a list of band you might want to look into:

100 Demons
    Allegiance
    Bane
    Betrayed
    Blood for Blood (broke up, but you might wanna check em out, be warned, this band is anti-human, and has some nihilistic views, but they are indeed my favorite hardcore band.)
    Blue Monday
    Born From Pain
    Carry On
    Cast Aside
    Champion (broke up, you should still check them out to hear their sound.)
    Count Me Out
    Death Before Dishonor
    Endless Fight
    Enemy Ground
    Face The Enemy
    Fight it Out
    Fight Night
    First Blood
    Guns Up
    Hatebreed
    Have Heart
    IcePick
    Ignite
    Its all gone to hell
    Jailbreak
    Miles Away
    Nightmare City
    No Warning
    On Broken Wings
    Outbreak
    Panic
    Projext X
    Sick of it all
    Some Kind of Hate
    Stand And Fight
    Stick to your guns
    Ten Yard Fight
    Terror
    Verse
    With Honor
    xArmed For Battlex
    xLooking Forwardx
    xTyrantx

This is the real hardcore, not metal. I would give a listen to bands like Champion, Bane, Sick of it all, Death Before Dishonor, Cast Aside, and Icepick.

I am currently listening to No Warning, check them out, you would really like their new stuff off of their Suffer, Survive album.

Check these bands out.

18. watto86

Just bought my ticket about half an hour ago. Man i'm looking foward to this.

19. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Awesome. Enjoy it, mate :D

20. watto86

Oh I intend to. Thanks :D