Most Hardcore Type of Metal

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by SickDevildog, Oct 24, 2005.

1. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

Whats the most Hardcore Type of Metal called? I looked into deathmetal but it aint what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

2. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Haha why do you want to know? Do you want to listin to the "mostest h-c0reist musics ever! to be mega-h-core!"

If you want metal, just listin to Black Sabbath :cool:

3. Wax

Wax Valued Member

Hardcore in what way?

Heavy sound - Killing Joke, Korn or something with that driving bass
    Hardcore attitude - Slipknot and other 'character bands' (no, Gwar doesn't count :p), maybe that metal band from Germany where the lead singer went to jail for murder.

4. Lefty

Lefty Yummy!

The Scorpions? Klaus is in prison?!!

:p

5. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

Seriously.. I love me a bit of metal.. well actually a lot, but when you give me that "HARDKORE" crap where its all screaming.. whats the point in listening? After 2 tracks I'm like "Screw this.. I'm gonna put on some Freebird and listen to a 5 minute guitar performance"

I mean for example.. Cradle of Filth = Lead Singer sounds like a 6 year old boy with his nuts clipped screaming. Doesn't sound like anything except a cat getting tortured by a hot iron prod.

6. Lefty

Lefty Yummy!

Amen, brother. I had a friend who used to love the band Death. I couldn't understand why. There was no musical quality about it I could find. If you like Death, that's fine, but it's not for me. I used to listen to tons of Metallica, AC/DC, Anthrax, Iron Maiden and the like. I still like these bands, but my tastes have grown... Plus with my dandruff and all those black T-shirts... not a good mix.

7. Tythos

Tythos New Member

The most hardcore type of metal, isn't metal. It's a type of genre all it's own called Hardcore. Check out Converge if that's what you want.

8. Falcore

Falcore almost acceptable

Ok, now that you bring that up I have a question. I understand that "hardcore" and the different sub-sub-sub-genres of metal are supposedly different, but a lot of the time their sound is remarkable similar - where do you draw the line between one and the other?
    Is it just their musical background of the performers (hardcore stems from punk, right?)
    Is it solely the existance of stuff like double kicking (a lot of hardcore bands do that anyway, from what I've heard).
    What the hell is the difference?

9. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Black metal. Check out Emperor, early Satyricon, Mayhem, etc. Before any genius says it, Cradle of Filth are NOT black metal, they're just cheesy kiddie-goth crap
    Wax, the band you're talking about is Burzum and they were from Norway. They were one of the original black metal bands that was involved in all kinds of nasty stuff back in the early to mid nineties including burning down churches. As far as their music goes, it wasn't bad, but there were better bands in the scene

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  10. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

Slipknot aren't metal.

I vote gore-grind because the lyrics are fun =D

11. Anomandaris

Anomandaris New Member

Burzum are decent actually, not great though. Its more that they are infamous, so much so that my fav black metal band Nargaroth did a sing about them named 'the day burzum killed mayhem'

personally I prefer speed metal with a black metal influence, try out Immortal

http://immortal.battlegrim.net/downloads/archives/mp3/athens1999/03_-_blashyrkh_mighty_ravendark.mp3

and yes COF do suck, they have 1 yes 1 decent song and its not even black metal, English Fire.

12. AuHg

AuHg McDojo Happy Meal

I really really love hardcore heavy metal.

try cannibal corpse (lyrics along the line like "kill jesus, die jesus"), sepultura (live album, schizophrenia). Ministry is ok. Pantera (the great southern trendkill album - sweet). Heaps of others.

13. Anomandaris

Anomandaris New Member

sorry but cannibal corpse are abysmal.

who cares what they are actually saying as without looking at the lyrics written down for you you'll never actually know what they are saying

cannibal corpse

I think the track 'devoured by vermin' works...everything else came back with page not found.

14. Tyranith

Tyranith New Member

Oh no! And I'd been listening to them all this time!

Mind if I send you my list of bands so that you can tell me which are good and which aren't? You're obviously much better at telling than I am!

Stunning logic there Einstein.
    Do you also think that the fastest reptile in the world is a cheetah COS ITS FAZT LOL!!!?

15. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

i dont think he means the genre hardcore, just the heaviest.

see if you want heavy, fast etc check out cryptopsy or necrophagist. if your want random check out cephalic carnage, dillinger escape plan or labrat. or check out bands like decapitated or hate eternal if you want accessible death metal with a bit of a groove.
    check out bands like lamb of god, byzantine, gutworm,onedice or early arch enemy for straight up no-nonsense kind of metal.

oh and check out a band called NOISM from japan. they are great if you like short technical riffs with drum machine beats (and a laugh).

16. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

If you want something that's the musical equivalent of being stampeded by a herd of giant cybernetic elephants, check out Meshuggah or Strapping Young Lad.

17. Evil Betty

Evil Betty Birdy, birdy birdy

Assuming I know what you mean by "hardcore" you're not going to find a genre of metal more "hardcore" than death metal. You could try checking out black metal, doom metal, or more death metal.

18. Bluce Ree

Bluce Ree Asinus asinorum.

Since I don't give a hoot about genres, I'll try and describe to you the sound of a couple of bands I like.
    Raging Speedhorn - Queens of the Stone Age style riffs, but waaay heavier.
    Rammestein - German metal band, very heavy, you won't care what the guy's actually singing about, they rock so much.
    Skindred - Reggae metal. Doesn't look like it would make a good combo, but well worth a listen.
    Mad Capsule Markets - Not everyone's cup of tea, think Japanese, dance, punk, metal, rap all shoved into a blender to create aural bliss.

19. Sever

Sever Valued Member

20. hux

hux ya, whatever.

what are they?

I think all the sub-genres are just people trying to out-elite each other, myself...

I like Slipknot, Lamb of God, GodSmack, Metallica, Korn, System of a Down, MudVayne, etc...I'll let you guys squeeze them into their respective sub genres :)