More MA TV coming up in February...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by honest_john, Feb 9, 2004.

1. honest_john

honest_john New Member

Discovery Travel & Adventure:

Monday 16th Feb 21:30
    Discover Magazine: Secrets Of The Samurai

Go behind the myths of the Japanese Samurai to reveal the science, from their formidable castles and lightweight armour to the deadly ancient martial art called Ninjutsu

Wednesday 18th Feb 21:00
    Bruce Lee: A Warriors Journey

Take a look at the man behind the movies, including interviews with Bruce and his friends and drawing on film footage previously missing for 28 years. (Pt. 1/2)

Thursday 19th Feb 21:00
    Bruce Lee: A Warriors Journey

Take a look at the man behind the movies, including interviews with Bruce and his friends and drawing on film footage previously missing for 28 years. (Pt. 2/2) -this episode has the extra 'game of death' footage

Friday 20th Feb 21:30
    Ancient Warriors, Samurai

The way of the Samurai was a path of honour or death. A strict code of unswerving loyalty and Zen philosophy played a large part in their discipline

Friday 20th Feb 21:00
    Behind The Scenes: Xtreme Martial Arts

???

History Channel

25 Feb 2004 Wed 17.00 - 18.00
    26 Feb 2004 Thu 09.00 - 10.00
    Organisned Crime: China

The origins of the great Chinese secret societies are shrouded in mystery. The Triads, as they are known in the West, credit renegade Shaolin monks as their founding fathers. Even in the 21st century, members of the Chinese underworld still identify with these colorful heroic legends that have been popularized in novels, plays and movies.

Discovery Channel

http://discoverychannel.co.uk/martialarts/feature1.shtml

National Geographic

Tuesday 10th Feb 21:00
    Monday 16th Feb 22:00
    Tuesday 17th Feb 17:00
    The Last Samurai

In the land of the rising sun the past meets the present. Those who live according to the strict codes and practices of this ancient order reveal their hidden world.

Five

Sunday 15 February 03:30
    ISKA Martial Arts

The best of freestyle karate and kickboxing.

Sky Travel

Saturday 14 February 18:00
    Martial Arts Hotspots

From China to South Korea, martial arts have harnessed the human spirit for centuries. Grand masters from across the globe reveal how their surroundings have shaped their art.

2. honest_john

honest_john New Member

Of course though, if your in the mood for some nicely choreographed MA fight scenes, couple with complete and utter fiction, you won't do much better than this:

Great film, shame it's a load of bollocks though...LOL...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2004
  3. TigerAnsTKDLove

TigerAnsTKDLove Ex-TKD'er 2005.

im definelty gonna watch the 2 bruce lee episodes i love bruce lee!!! and i'll probably behind the scenes of extreme martial arts.. i remember watching that a long time ago. i enjoyed that alot.

4. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

If they just explain how they filmed XMA, then I'll just skip that. I'll try and watch all the other stuff though. If I can remember. :(

PL

5. honest_john

honest_john New Member

Its just a shame that they are not re-showing "Way Of The Warrior" or "Conquest: Secret Weapons Of The Ninja" anytime soon. I will keep 'em peeled...

6. Epsilon

Epsilon New Member

Who needs a T.V Guide while I got honest_John! :D

But I have to add this, I'm a Canadian who dosen't get these channels! and if I did, I can't afford it!:cry:

7. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Ep, that's terrible. Sorry about your economy up there.

Hey, why don't we tape them and send them on up? You use the same kind of VCR format right? :confused:

8. HayabusaZero

HayabusaZero New Member

I'd tape em if I got those channels too. Unfortunately, right now I have the choice between a new gi and a few extra cable channels. :(

9. Epsilon

Epsilon New Member

Thanks!
    Please tape it for me, we all have the same VCR's in North America,
    and I'll pay for the shipping in Canadian Curency.
    1 American $ = 1 Canadian $, I think I got the math right! :D

10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

looks like good viewing but i havent got digital to watch most of them.

i wonder if i can get the mother to get digital just for the MA programs? :D

11. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

You can get a warriors journey on dvd, with a special edition of enter the dragon. :D

I really wanted to see that XMA thing, especially because I do anatomical science at uni. Does anybody know if it's gonna be re-run in England? I can't find anything on it.

12. Starboy

Starboy New Member

At first I thought this was going to be another thread promoting some lame teen drama like Black Sash... :D

I've seen this a few times before. It was actually pretty good (if it's the one I remember). It gets a lot into the physics of MA and MA weapons.

13. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Hey Starboy, that show may have been lame, but man did they have some gorgeous girls on it....

14. Topher

Topher allo!

I know it's abit late now, but on tuesday they shows the Paris Open Olympic Qualifications on British Eurosport. Did anyone catch it?

15. Starboy

Starboy New Member

Most definitely... :love:

And I liked the fact that they were using Bagua as the MA for the premise. But holy crap, I haven't seen such bad writing since...well since the last teen melodrama that came out...

16. honest_john

honest_john New Member

These ARE for the UK networks, sorry guys.

I assumed that my location of SE Enlgand would give that away, but once again all that assume has done is made an ass out of u and me...lol