Mold - North Wales?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Sam, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Anyone looking for an Uke?

Going to be there for a couple of weeks (staying at the colomendy centre) starting the 17th of this month, I'm not sure how much down time I will get but if anyone is in the area or has any reccomendations for me to check out I'm all ears.

Not fussy what style. Training is training!

Cheers in advance.

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

15 minutes away from Russ's gym in Wrexham.

Thursday or Monday is a good mixed night of stand-up and MMA. Submission wrestling on a Tuesday. Thai/Kickoxing only on a Wedneasday and Saturday.

Russ's gym in Caeryws is Monday, Wednesday and Friday. All Kickboxing/Muay thai, tough as it comes.

Friday in Mold itself will give you excellent judo randori, best you can get. Only an hour though.

Boxing club in Mold on a Thursday but as the instructor is a student of Russ it's better to drive the 15 mins.

World class TKD sparring in Chester on a Sunday

Judo with Neil Adams (if it's the right week) on a Tuesday in Connah's Quay (10 mins away)

You could train with the WJJF international coach on Wednesday, Friday or Saturday.

We are spoilt here. What do you want specifically?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  3. Moi

Just spoken to the boss and you've free training and a matche partner for any of the times open. Same for any MAP member

4. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

I was hoping you would see this!

Well I'm coming from a Karate (mostly stand up) background but like I said I'm not fussy! Will try anything once....within reason :p.

At this point I'm really not sure whether I will have much free time or if/when it will be, so trying to plan ahead or for a specific is a bit of a pain, sub wrestling sounds interesting though.

Whats the score on noobs/visitors at the wrexham gym?

5. Moi

You get special treatment. My better half will look after you.

6. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Nice one, really appreciate that mate. I'll grab the number off the website so I can forwarn him. (southerners are wierd)

Just tell her to go easy. I'm breakable remember!! :D

7. Moi

I meant my wife. Don't worry about Russ, he'll do what my wife tells him.
    Give me the day you want to train and she'll be waiting for you.