Moi's Workout Thread

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Simon, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Okay Moi has been threatening to start training as soon as his house was finished.

Well now he has no excuse.

So Moi we expect regular updates, pictures and a video after three months on the members workout thread.

Seriously, good luck with your new programme and do keep us posted.:cool:

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

No pressure then Moi?

Now drop and give me infinity!

Mitch :D

3. Simon

He will so want a word with me.

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Sweet!

You're going to have to give me a couple of days as the carpets are getting fitted tomorrow and then the rest of the day putting all the new stuff everywhere and a final clean. I'm out Wednesday afternoon and up at the gym in Wrexham so let's say Thursday = 1st post??

I'll have to read up a little first :)

5. Simon

6. Moi

I appreciate this as I do need a kick up the butt now and again. I'd already had a conversation with the wife about starting training again. Don't expect too much as I'm absolut knackered from doing 12 hour days, 7 days a week for 4 months. I've been feeling a bit rough the last couple of days but I think that's because I've just been doing bits and bobs all day and with the pressure off I've started to feel the workload.

Promise Thursday. Big breakfast to start

7. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Looks around furtively...

Doesn't see any sign of Mitch...

Quickly borrows and dons cheerleading uniform...

Does a bad dance

(think :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:)

and chants
    Replaces cheerleading uniform with baggy t-shirt and combats, hopes Mitch missed the dance and doesn't suffer any unfortunate breathing/heart problems due to his advanced age! ;) :D

8. Mitch

Too La'

*clutches chest, wheezes, smiles, falls to the floor*

'te!

Mitch

Worth it mind. :D

9. Moi

Maybe Wednesday. Sod the cleaning!

10. Moi

Get up! We all know why you fell face down on the floor. It's gone now

11. Mitch

Face up, face down, you couldn't tell...

Mitch

12. Moi

False modesty I'm sure

just googled my nearest Holland & Barratt

13. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

If you're going there for suppliments, you're probably better off going to myprotein.co.uk instead and getting their stuff. Maximuscle is pretty overpriced for what it is, and the other protein stuff H&B do is only like 16g per serving or something. Just eat tonnes of fish or something for the first session or so ;)

But if you're going to get the colonic irrigation stuff, more power to you!

14. Moi

[Llamageddon;34155543] If you're going there for suppliments, you're probably better off going to myprotein.co.uk instead and getting their stuff. Maximuscle is pretty overpriced for what it is, and the other protein stuff H&B do is only like 16g per serving or something. Just eat tonnes of fish or something for the first session or so ;)

[/quote]

that's really no going to happen so what should I be buying for weight gain?
    [Llamageddon;34155543]
    But if you're going to get the colonic irrigation stuff, more power to you![/QUOTE]

got that covered with a 24 hour carwash. Only £4. Really hits the spot!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  15. Llamageddon

Well, I'd recommend stuff from MyProtein. To be honest, Cosmic or coma or slip or Ad or anyone other than me (I'm quite new to this myself) could probably help you out better, but the quality and quantity of the myprotein stuff is superior (and best value for money). For now, just get yourself some straight up protein. The impact blend stuff is pretty good. You can get next day delivery too. Don't bother with any of the more fancy stuff yet until you're settled in to a routine and more likely to need it.

If you're planning on going to the gym before this stuff arrives, make sure to have a good breakfast (which I guess should be happening anyway, although I can't talk...), something with a good mix of protein and carbs around an hour or so before training (so don't make it heavy foods like steak!), and then something with a high protein content within 20 mins of finishing your workout (think that's the general time frame , but I'm sure one of the fitness buffs could correct me if I'm wrong). Tuna sandwich springs to mind, or one of those premade protein drinks (for goodness shakes is one, and there's a lucozade dispenser at our gym with them, although watch out for the high sugar content!)

Hope that's helpful to you!

16. Moi

Cheers I'll look into that and get something ordered
    Going to the gym? Going to the gym?

Attached Files:

17. Llamageddon

Un. Fair.

18. Moi

That's how the house caught fire. Going to check out the multigym.

19. Moi

Ok so far so good. Got up late, about 9ish and came downstairs and had a glass of water followed by a bowl of shreddies. Did a bit of housework, life goes on, then had two poached eggs on wholemeal toast followed by a probiotics cherry yoghurt. Smoking is right down as we're not smoking in the house.

Haven't actually done any training yet as I'm now off to take my Mum for lunch and I've had money to chase this morning but pushing a wheelchair around will give me a little workout and I'll hit the gym either when I get back or this evening. Off for another glass of water now and then hit the road x

20. Moi

Ok not a great start. Thursday just disappeared with lunch then taking my youngest daughter shopping. I can't remember what happened in the evening but it was probably the endless stream of visitors viewing the bling bling house :)

So Friday, up and breakfast and the usual stuff, housework etc: then hit the gym in the afternoon. Didn't really know what I was doing but had a go anyway, then made a stupid begineers mistake of not warming down as I'd spotted something on the multigym that need adjustment. I was paying for that yesterday mainly which is when my son came to show me what to do. He's given me a few pointers and is coming to workout either today or tomorrow.

So as I said, not a great start but I'm chugging along and learning bits as I go.