modern day robbers

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Brixtonbodunwel, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Brixtonbodunwel

Brixtonbodunwel Valued Member

http://youtu.be/o4t1a_v9sG4

I found this interesting bit of footage which provocked some thought to Pistol disarming methods. I have seen and trained in quiet a few different disarming methods but from what I can see the methods are based on the ww2 'hande hoch' type senario, now I have met someone that used a disarming technique during ww2 so I am not knocking it but modern day street robbers like this lot use a firearm in a totally different way and I have yet to see any methods that addresses this . So any geniune pointers in the right direction would be most appreciated.

2. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Yeah, give them your wallet and don't even think twice.

I could show a few pistol disarming techniques that I have learnt over the years but the most important thing I ever learned was, unless you're in a warzone or it's life or death and absolutely have to, it is better to live than play russian roullette.

3. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Haha they can take my wallet. I carry no cash and I have tons of student debt.

4. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Interesting video.

I wouldn't have employed my disarming protocols in that situation since
    1. Generally there was always too much distance and obstacle between victim and gunman.
    2. Multiple gunmen meant disarm techniques would likely have resulted in random fire from the other gunman.
    3. No immediate threat suggesting that compliance wasn't the safest course of action.
    4. I may well have been too mentally preoccupied to even think about doing anything. I'm not going to armchair warrior this.

Ref the way the firearm was being used... are you referring to the grip or the distance? I don't see anything particularly surprising there.

5. slasha

slasha Banned Banned

In old demonstrations, most hold the gun firmly at waist hight or in a formal boxer or rail stance.
    These are loosley holding the weapon, sideways, and looking at them more likely to shoot you from incompetent weapons handelling than an aimed shot!

6. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

I would never attempt a disarm in such a situation. It's absurd. Two shooters with a counter between you and them? That's suicide. I also wouldn't have gotten in a shootout with them when they were clearly trying to leave. It's a very dumb thing to do. I'd have called the police and changed my underwear, like a boss.

What specifically are you asking about firearms disarms OP?