Moderators liable for forum comments

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Roual, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Roual

Roual Eternally curious...

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

1) Damned Germans. :p

2) Chimp is one dead monkey when they find him

3) Don't worry Chimp I got your back

:D

3. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

I think on web sites that they take themselves seriously or deal with serious subjects this should certainly apply (and no slip, it wasn't me who reported that web site :D )concerning the moderators. The wrong kind of information gets given and things could get hairy. Kind of ironic that this comes up now that we have these "steroid" comments on the other thread.

Christian

4. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

I think their use of the term moderator is misleading - I suspect they mean owners, ie admin :p

5. Roual

Roual Eternally curious...

hmm... didn't actually consider that :rolleyes: Well, I guess that's the language barrier for you :)

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

That looks very much like its for specific things that are already illegal, such as distrupting business practices (just in case any random loony is reading this and getting idea's about PM'ing me, I won't remove stuff just because you don't like it!)

I'd like to see it cited as a precdenant elsewhere. Its very much swings and roundabouts with internet law at the moment.

7. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Now, where do I begin with this sentence? I'll keep it simple, evolutionary speaking chimps such as Pan troglodytes and Pan paniscus are apes belonging to the family Hominidae. These are distinct from monkeys and the current understanding is that the apes diverged from the Old World monkeys about 25 million years ago. :D

Arrrrgh gerroff, get your stinking cake hands off me you damn dirty, erm, cake maker. :p

8. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Let me help.... "monkey - tail, ape - no tail"... that's how I remember it. :D

9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

"chimp - chases tail"

:D

10. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

Saz is pretty much to blame for most of my post content... she 'gets me in the mood'

11. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

*plays a Barry White record*

;)

12. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

That's so going in my sig ;)

13. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I'll have you know I do no such thing. I'm strictly a one woman chimp... ;)

14. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Chimp has been no to fondle a cake or two... in CAKE CHAT!

ALL CAKE ALL THE TIME! :p

15. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Medi takes the cake for the best post of the yr award easily. :D

*I've come to clean zee pool*