Moderator Assistance Required

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Donn1e, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Donn1e

Donn1e New Member

Dear Moderator(s),

Please would you delete a thread I posted, on the subject of Evander Holyfield being evicted. I concur with the recent poster who pointed out the negative connotations in the subject and message of the original post.

The thread is here:
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119686

Thanks,
    Donn1e

2. ned

ned Valued Member

It's funny,I lurked for a long time on MAP before signing up and then I was a very infrequent cautious poster.Some people appear in a blaze of glory and sort of burn themselves out.As in real life it's normally better to stop and consider a little before
    making your thoughts known.
    That said I've enjoyed(most of) your comments and this is'nt really about you.I know I've posted things and on reflection wished I had'nt.
    In fact MAP is quite a good as a form of self-critique. :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Your mistakes just slowly die :) Nothing usually gets deleted if its within TOS

4. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

As Moi said, we don't delete posts or threads unless there is a very pressing reason. A discussion board like this can only maintain its credibility if user content is pretty much sacrosanct.

If people think we edit, delete or in any other way play about with user content then the whole board is nothing but a partial plaything for whoever happens to be Modding at the time.

As a result it is incredibly rare for any user content to be changed in any way, beyond changes for ToS or for legal reasons.

I hope you understand and appreciate the reasoning. In this case it's also perhaps a good example for others who might change their mind as a result of following the process you've been through.

Mitch