MMA..new?

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by melb, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melb

melb Banned Banned

And yeah Kuma, law enforcement has been around longer than the US has been around...I swear with my hand on my heart this is true ;)

2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Actually police officers do that all the time, and fully expect to. That's exactly why those officers didn't retreat when threatened. My argument is not that no officers should ever die, as it does happen. My own department has had several officers KIA in the last few years. However, just because we have to respond to dangerous situations does not mean we have to do it recklessly or without minimizing the amount of risk we have to take.

The military thinks the same way. As a soldier in combat, your job is to maximize enemy casualties while minimizing your own. A dead soldier does nothing to help the mission, thus you try your darndest not to die while still accomplishing the mission. It's pretty clear you have no military experience either.

"Thousands of years?" You do realize law enforcement as we know it today came about in 1829, right?

3. melb

melb Banned Banned

law enforcement as we know it today is less than 200 years old...ok..you are a brainwashed american..yep..

4. melb

melb Banned Banned

HAHA...law enforcement as we know it??? Less than 200 years...? WTF?

5. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

There was four officers. And that's because you've never had to risk anything in your life.

Actually it started in the UK. That's why it's commonly referred to as English Common Law. Do you actually think you would have a better chance of survival dealing with the night watch prior to that? They could do whatever they wanted back then. Today you can call an officer a dirty name and get away with it. Call a night watchmen that and he'd beat you into a bloody pulp. There was a tremendous amount of unnecessary violence and corruption prior to the police reform by Robert Peel. Murders, rapes, assaults, robbery, you name it, they did it. You have no idea what you're talking about, and are just making baseless claims because you're too lazy to look up the facts.

6. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I'm talking modern law enforcement, "as we know it." Reading comprehension is not a strong point of yours, I see.

Prior to the police reform of 1829, there was different types of positions to enforce the law but these were mostly political in nature and did not involve any special training. Back then they were often armed with military weapons and there was no idea of a use of force continuum, so they either kicked your butt or killed you. Many countries used their military, so the same results just now from a professional soldier. Justice was swift and brutal, there was no rights for a criminal, and the laws extreme. Though law enforcing bodies, these could hardly be called the police we know of today.

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I'm closing this thread. Mainly cos I dont like the way this thread is going (basically in circles)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.