MMA in North London

Discussion in 'MMA' started by yelserpdog, Jun 16, 2006.

1. yelserpdog

yelserpdog New Member

Hello,
    Can anyone recomend a good MMA place in or near North London??

Cheers
    Yel

2. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

3. The Ottoman

The Ottoman New Member

Sami Berik will be teaching soon in north london, details will be on Sami's site soon. At the mean time u can train with Eddie Kone who is royler gracies student

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2006
  4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I highly recomment HSD in Harrow. Steve 'Mauler' Dempsey is a very good teacher and trainer. Althought the training area is very small and under a chippie, the people there are good.

5. Catman

Catman Valued Member

6. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

7. stump

stump Supersub

Is Steve Demsey still teaching HSD? I thought Mark Chen was now instructing there (both are great guys btw).

One of the problems with some MMA clubs is that unless you're a contender as a pro fighter you get very little attention paid to you. HSD is top notch training and very friendly too.

Rayners lane can be a bitch to get to though :(

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I was actually wondering if Steve Dempsey was still teaching. I heard of a Mark Chen, someone mistook me for one of his students but I in fact was learning under a mate of a similar name.

Is the timetable still the same?
    8pm wednesdays?

9. slideyfoot

slideyfoot Co-Founder of Artemis BJJ

I'd also recommend HSD (which was renamed The Mauler's Cage Fighters Gym last time I checked, but not sure if they stuck with the new, rather unwieldy, name), though I've only trained there twice and that was before Steve retired (reviewed it here and here, but that may not help as Mark Chen might teach his classes in a completely different fashion). If you can go a bit further into London, there is also a great class in Elephant & Castle (at the end of the Bakerloo line), Elite Fighting Sytems, run by Dave O'Donnell (who also promotes Cage Rage).

10. Fatz Burger

Fatz Burger New Member

If anyone is looking to open a good MMA school in London, there's a huge patch that has none up in the North West. I live in East Finchley and the nearest place is London Pancrase in Holborn...which is a long way off. There are places in the East End, central, and south of the river, but the North is mostly virgin territory.

11. The Ottoman

The Ottoman New Member

Sami Berik is teaching drills on explosive striking on different levels including for MMA fighting or fitness and toning includes Kettlebells.

<advertising removed>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2006
  12. stump

stump Supersub

Actually ran into Steve Demsey at a MMA show in Bracknell a few weeks ago and he mentioned that he's not training at Raynors lane anymore which is a shame....decent guy.

13. Fatz Burger

Fatz Burger New Member

Does anyone know of any plans to open an MMA school in NW London?

14. allenmartin

allenmartin New Member

Don't forget to visit Casey's Fish & Chip Bar as it is the world renowned mixed martial arts gym

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2016
  15. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

This thread is long since dead, so I've removed the advert.

Please contact site Admin regarding advertising rates.

16. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Sounds like the Plaice to be badda boom kish

17. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Yeah , you cod do worse.

18. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

No need to Carp on about it.

19. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

What's the angle here?