MMA in Liverpool & Wirral

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Moi, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I know, he's just a big bully!

2. daggers

daggers Valued Member

sorry i tried to let this go but i cannot! there is NO WAY you are punching harder than a boxer :)

3. Moi

Any reason?

4. Moi

Two words, Audley Harrison :)

5. daggers

daggers Valued Member

even harrison puts his body behind his punch , he just cant hit the damn target lol

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I bought a Sat Nav from Audley Harrison. It said, take a right", then stopped working. :D

7. Moi

Hey Frodo, where in Birkenhead?

8. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

100 Price Street. It's near Conway Park train station. I think the sign outside may still read Elite MMA, but could be wrong on that.

http://www.lcumac.co.uk/contact-us.php

9. Moi

Why thank you kindly Miss Frodo x

10. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

You are perfectly welcome, Sir. :)

11. Moi

It's the politeness of this site I missed the most :)

12. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

this where you train fusen ?

13. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

No, but ive trained with their guys a little and my coach has trained there a lot and says very good things bout them, plus you know it is Jason Tan, UFC veteran and English open BJJ champion.

14. karl52

karl52 openminded

:) its just comes down to body mechanics or should I say thumb position,in modern boxing gloves the thumb position doesn't allow for two knuckles to land properly,but in MMA gloves you can,because you can line up the arm better kinetically unfortunately :cool: this makes the punch about 30% harder than boxing punch,,fortunately not many people know this,so don't tell anyone

15. Kave

Kave Lunatic

Yeah, I find myself wondering if you have tested this mechanically (measured punch force) or are you just guessing? Studies on the output of boxer punches have reported peak loads of 4800 (SD 601) N for elite, 3722 (SD 375) N for intermediate, and 2381 (SD 328) N for novice English boxers (Smith MS, Dyson RJ, Hale T, et al.).

Secondly, punching power is only relevant up to a certain point, far more important is your ability to land the punch accurately and effectively. I would much rather spend my time learning to put a punch on someones chin rather than training to make my punch more powerful.

16. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

so the power of a punch has nothing to do with stance or reach or what your feet and hips are doing and all that other stuff that's been taken as fact for thousands of years its the position of your thumb.....

17. karl52

karl52 openminded

Its so much easier just to walk into a boxing gym and show someone..it is what it is

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  18. daggers

daggers Valued Member

sorry i dont agree ;)
    lining up the punch, and all of its power happens way before knuckle contact.

19. karl52

karl52 openminded

its all part of the link in the kinetic chain if one parts wrong then its all messed up,you cant complete a fully kinetic punch in boxing gloves,if your ever in my area n/wales/chester I be happy to change your mind or you could just wait for the DVD ;-)

20. daggers

daggers Valued Member

How do you explain your shock wave elbow ? Is that more powerful than a Thai boxers?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012