Missed triangle choke

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by TheMasterSword, Apr 4, 2005.

1. TheMasterSword

TheMasterSword Cunning Linguist

Hey everyone,

Def my fav technique is the triangle choke... I was just wondering what you guys like to do when someone passes your leg and goes past your guard...

one technique I try and use is the bicep cutter if their one arm is still inside...

any other suggestions, guards, positions I can use one they pass the leg

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Omaplata!

3. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

What ^^^^ said.

4. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

Yup, the way I think of it...

If they have one arm in your guard-

If it is CROSSING your body = Triangle

If it is NOT CROSSING, bring your leg up over his head and triangle his arm, pushing him forward onto his front = Omopalata

An omopalata, such a wonderful phrase, an omopalata, ain't no passing craze
    It means no worries for the rest of your days :D

5. Haduken

Haduken Valued Member

yup - i love omopalata - really nice from an armbar setup too...
    another possibility is to spin round fast and take the ankle - reverse into side control (i didn't say it was easy :) )

6. TheMasterSword

TheMasterSword Cunning Linguist

Great thanks for the advise semphoon makes a lot o sense..

I guess my hardest part is once the head slips out they usually start "walking" their way around (kinda going perpendicular to your body)

Usually like this right leg around the back o head slipped out leaving me trianglin my training buds right arm DOH!

I'll try keepin in line w/ him and try the triangle again or the popular obiwan kenobi i mean hakuna mat... oh jeeez ill just smack him in the face

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Omoplate definitely, and don't forget to pin the back down so he can't roll out!

8. Haduken

Haduken Valued Member

you have to grab the ankle or knee when he slips out of the triangle, so you can quickly stop him from passing... and quickly move your body round to do the ompalata

9. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

Thats when you jerk forward an your weight on his shoulder pushes him face down and get the omo (remember to stop him from rolling forward).

Im actually surprised how often I have been pulling off omopalata. Lovely stuff.

10. Sh4d0wS0ul

Sh4d0wS0ul New Member

Which one is triangle choke again? Is that where you have one of their arms and place the knee of one leg by their head with your calf and foot past the opponent's head and then locking it down by closing your other knee on your foot?