Mikey's Pushup Challenge!!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Bigmikey, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

Thats the beauty of it though, PA. Even if you're doing 5 now. in a few days you'll be at ten, a few days later, maybe even 15... If you look at the logs on my site you'll see some of the folks there started at 13, I think and now are in the mid to upper 20s... it comes quickly!

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'm in then. Starting this evening. Maybe. Prob'ly.

3. NinjaPlease

NinjaPlease Ninjas always say Please.

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'll be a bit shamed when Mickey's total for one morning set beats mine for two sets. :(

5. Bigmikey

No shame in that at all my friend. Seriously. This isnt about anyone but you. And when you look back in 30 days and see that you've gone from 15 to 35... you're going to feel right proud! And well you should :)

6. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Yes, everyone starts out doing a few and working up. Probably best not to do them every day in order to allow for rest. That's important.

7. Bigmikey

AH, but thats the BEAUTY behind this. Its simply two sets a day. Unless you're finding yourself pretty sore, the body can EASILY tolerate that. In the military we'd do pushups literally all day everyday. The only rest you got was between punishments, lol.

However, if you're sore, an issue a member of my board ran into, then rest, absolutely. If you're not sore, no need man. Just keep on keeping on!

8. NinjaPlease

Just did 35, I bet I could of done a few more but I was feeling lazy. :D

9. Bigmikey

NICE! Lets try to get that to 40 in the next day or two, eh? :)

10. NinjaPlease

Ya!! Its crazy how much harder push ups are when you have to use slow, controlled movements. :)

11. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I'm in for it from tonight. I just recovered from yet another chest infection and haven't done any weight training for nearly a year. It will be an interesting experiment.

I'll probably be in the camp of "doing it when packing my lunch and just about to walk out the door."

12. Bigmikey

I find myself in that camp because I tend to think in very small thoughts when I first wake up. Tends to be:

Scratch
    Pee
    Brush Teeth
    HUNGRY
    Shower
    CRICKEY - GOTTA GO!
    *stops... thinks* AW HELL... *drops and does pushups-runs out door*

13. axelb

Did mine now as I'll forget later whilst trying to remember doing everything else :D

Managed 25 just, struggled after 17.

14. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Dude, that's so the wrong order!:eek:

When it comes to push ups I tend to get bored before I get tired!

15. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

I agree with what you're saying but would point out that most people in the military tend to be in that 18-30 age range. You can do push ups every day. I'm trying to work up to the rep count I did back when I was closer to that age range. It's a slow go.

The comment about rest was more geared towards if you're out of shape or getting up there in years. At my age, getting out of bed is a reminder of what you referred to as "sore". I hit 54 today btw. I would like to at least stress the importance of rest (and stretching) to all of you because you'll hit 54 sooner or later.

That being said, I'm stoked about the push up challenge and I'm looking forward to getting my count up with the rest of you.

Cheers!

16. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Happy Birthday!

17. melbgoju

melbgoju Valued Member

I'm in, starting . . . tonight! Are knuckle pushups ok?

18. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

So...did 29 last night and 25 this morning (at work because I forgot them at home).
    Not exaclty doing them slow and steady I have to say. Just repping them out until I can't go "up" anymore.

19. axelb

Managed 20 this morning with encouragement from my 3 year old daughter who joined in towards the end :D

20. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Didn't do last nights because I was ruined from Back to back boxing, mauy Thai and MMA sessions.

Morning set was: 32 had more in me but getting on the floor and up again is challenging with this soreness today so I cut short.

Not sure why but this seems to give me the most awesome pumps....