Mike Tyson

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Andy Murray, Mar 1, 2002.

1. binski20

binski20 Valued Member

We can talk about the what if's Tyson fought this guy, or what if he fought that guy forever. They will remain that though, what if's. When Tyson was young, and made his rampage up the ranks, he was talented. No one can deny that he had some talent. No matter what era you fight in you don't become the champ, with an undefeated record without having some talent. Mike Tyson will always be known as a great for that, for rising up and taking the title the way he did. One has to wonder, what kind of Mike Tyson we would have today had Cus been around for a little longer. I always felt that Tyson was an unfinished work by Cus.
    I do not defend the various atrocities that Tyson has commited. But I do defend his stake in boxing history.

2. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

An interesting thing about Tyson's training is Cus d'amato. He made the guy work on slipping, ducking, blocking and generally defending for a whole year on all sorts of equipment before he let him throw any punches. Then he trained him using tape recordings of combinations and a dummy made of mattresses shaped like a man. It's still sensible to be scared of Tyson...

3. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

It seems Mike Tyson isn't done making an ass of himself yet: From Reuters ... Mike Tyson: "I'm a ni**er. I'm a big strong ni**er that knocks out people and rapes people and rips off people and bullies people"
    Mike needs some better P.R. people... and soon.

4. Adam

Adam New Member

I thought all that smack he talks WAS his PR. It certainly gives him a more intimidating reputation for him to use in the ring.

5. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Lennox Lewis still kicked his sorry mysogynistic ass. :D

6. Jay

Jay New Member

Roy Jones JR vs Tyson .... Nov 8th ... Africa !!

Oh man - that is gonna be one cool fight :D

Jay

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Yep - it'll be a corker and could develop in several ways.

Here's one scenario that springs to mind...

RJJ survives the innevitable 2 round onslought the get's into the groove and dances around Tyson, scoring at will. By round 6 Tyson is so frustrated that he does something stupid and gets disqualified.

8. Jay

Jay New Member

Yeah .. but I though RJJ would hit and move when he fought Ruiz, apparently it was a bit of a slugfest :D Tyson is a different animal though - I reckon Jones will use his speed to keep out of the way and win on points.

Jay

9. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

I wouldn't wanna take a hit from Tyson :D

10. YODA

I think RJJ has thought of that one and has a plan :)

"Best defence - no be there" Mr Miyagi :D

11. Nimrook

Nimrook New Member

What do you all think about Tysons supposed plans of entering UFC competitions? I know he has been saying it for years, think he might actually do it?

Personally I think he'll destoy some of the weaker opponents, mainly through intimidation via his reknowned reputation, but as soon as he takes on someone who isn't a boxing fan, he will be done for. that is, of course, assuming he gets up enough courage to play with some real warriors.

But oh wait! Biting isn't allowed there either!!!!

12. AikiSamurai

AikiSamurai New Member

I think Tyson would do good in the UFC if he picks up a grappling art to compliment his boxing abilities. Plus he would bring in a lot of money for UFC or Pride.

13. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

I can't see him doing it. The money isn't there, and if it was I think the boxing industry would pay him not to.

What's in it for him? If he goes in and gets his butt kicked it could be a big blow to the boxing industry.

14. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

He would not last

I dont think he has the patience of having to do it - granted I and none of us know him but I think he would lose against a well rounded fighter.

Or bite em - still he was great!

15. YODA

Firstly he's get creamed without a LOT of clinch & groundfighting experience. He's have a short opportunity to use his hands then that would be it.

Secondly I very much doubt that there's enough money in it for the likes of Tyson.

I hope he does it though :D

16. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I don't think he'd have the patence to learn the Katas! :D

Would be great to see him in UFC, and get whooped by a much smaller Gracie style fighter ;)

But seriously if he's trained from a younger age he's have been an awsome NHB fighter but now he'd only embarass boxing even more.

In a fight against Ali, I think Ali would really struggle against a young Tyson! But who knows, Ali had the talent to compensate....?

17. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

Maybe he could fight Tank Abbott, they have alot in common.

18. AikiSamurai

AikiSamurai New Member

I don't mind watching that fight.

19. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

LOL

Tank by Armbar :D

20. Nimrook

Nimrook New Member

I don't think I could call that one. It would be pretty embarrassing for Tyson to be caught up against the fence with a knee in his face, like what Tank did to Paul Varelans.