Mike Tyson vs Kevin McBride

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Korpy, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

MMA - No

McDonald's - Maybe

Movies - Same as what you said

Commentator - Maybe, his funny voice could serve as some comic relief during the more boring matches.

Tyson - Im not an animal anymore, lmao

2. Adsy

Adsy Valued Member

I hope you didnt bet your life's savings along with that comment, your a bookies dream!

Danny Williams isnt the greatest fighter in the world, but he's no way a bum, i cant wait until we see him knock Audrey Harrison on his ****.

Than made me laugh, nice one

The fact that tyson was ahead on teh score card of these two tubeheads is a disgrace, and says a lot about boxing, the heavyweight division and anything surrounding mike tyson. At least tyson has had the grace to say " i quit, i've been a disgrace in boxing for the last 15 years"

3. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Well in the papers today, he's quoted as a saying that he wants to contribute by doing something constructive by helping christian missionary work or something along those lines. I hope he finds a happy medium in his life, he deserves it.

He was a great boxer, and IMHO a good man that has had his troubles along the way, I wish him well. He had more 'trouble' laid on him, and he's paid his dues for his mistakes.

A tribute to Iron Mike: You will alway be the 'baddest man on the planet' in my eyes.

Respect.

4. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

"I told you so... I told you so"... sorry I love saying that!

Guess there are "snowballs in hell" ;) :Angel:

5. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

I'd actually like to see him move to commentating. There is absolutely no question that when he was on, he was one of the best in the sport. When he wasn't doing dumb things in the ring and actually boxing, it's obvious the man knew his stuff. It would be a waste to have him just fade from the spotlight. I don't see movies in his future, and if he 's given up on boxing, not so sure that pro MMA is really the route for him to go. Commentating. That's where the cash is gonna be.

6. dee_mon

dee_mon New Member

well, as an Irishwoman i was delighted to see McBride win - ok it may not have been the greatest fight of all time but McBride held his own and landed some sweet uppercuts.

And i made some money on it - put 20 Euro on McBride to win. So in addition to the 100 i won on the Ricky Hatton fight last week i'm doing pretty well!

:p

7. stump

stump Supersub

I don;t think McBride is worth much and I don;t think he'd stand with many of the heavyweights out there right now...till I wish him luck - this could springboard him to greater things - here's hoping.

Interesting boxing note - McBride is from the same town as Barry Mcguigan. Though if you've ever been to Clones you'd understand why boxing is so popular there :D

8. dee_mon

dee_mon New Member

you know, i should defend the place, but you make a fair point ha ha

9. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Tyson will always remain a legend; i'd love to see him move onto commentating like many other great boxers have done.

10. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

11. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I saw a video of the fight afterwards, it was ugly. Tyson looked old.

12. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

For those of you who are making fun of Tyson over the internet, wow real respectful and cool of you. Making fun of a person who lost a great fight, it was a great fight, even though Tyson lost, he's still my favorite and I have respect for McBride now and wonder what's next for his career.

I salute Tyson for all he's done in his career. I hope he has an awesome retirement.

I hope Tyson has an awesome career.

And for you instigators (not to the people who said he's old, or looked like he couldn't do it, but for the people making fun of him) get some class.

13. stump

stump Supersub

I think the term "nuthugger" was custom designed for you...

14. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

.... for those who don't know,

.... this term merely means that you are overrating a fighter.

Although makes a fine drink! :Angel:

15. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

What in <removed> name are you talking about?
    Nobody took the **** out of Tyson, just everybody was saying what an abomination he is. Not that hes not a great fighter, he could knock probably all of the MAP members through the ropes, just people are comparing him with his former self.
    Now chill out Korpy, and get used to forum life.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2005
  16. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I'm just saying, I don't need to chill, because I am chilled, and just speaking my mind politely.

17. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

"I don't feel like I have that ferocity no more. I'm not an animal anymore. Most definitely I won't fight again. I won't disrespect the sport by losing to this calibre of fighter. I don't have the desire anymore. I'm sorry I disappointed everyone and wish the fans could get their money back"

I really feel sorry for the guy. Anybody know how much he got paid for this fight? no doubt hes still in debt.

if he was wise now he could make a bit of money, using his fame and his skills.

And one option has been missed in the past, opening up a gym. Who wouldnt want to work under Tyson.
    Personal trainer also, not bad money.

Commentator seems like the most likely option.

18. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

If Iron Mike had only had the wisdom to come to terms with these issues before he ended up on the canvas. I'm not a big McBride fan... I don't think he's anywhere near the boxer Tyson was in his prime.

I do too. Anyone who has ever spent time in the ring and competed knows how all encompassing it can be. It's not easy to remember that there is a life outside of boxing when you have taken it on board the way a competitive boxer has to. At Tysons level I don't know that there is much of a life after boxing in that once your not in the fight game any longer - you have for the most part an entirely different set of friends and a completely different schedule. It's like coming back to a different world. It reminds me of guys who go to war and then come back and have trouble getting their life back on track. Some boxers deal with it better than others... but again most who have stepped into the ring and spent all the hours down at the gym know how different life is when you're all absorbed by it. Those who do Tae-Bo or head down to the TKD or Karate class in the mall twice a week for an hour probably won't get it.

Again, as always, the leechers come out of the woodwork. I am sure that Tyson has had no shortage of leechers. Don King is leech extraordinaire... his ex wife and her mom are about some of the fattest leeches you can imagine.
    So hopefully Tyson manages to get things in order.

Yeah can you imagine if Tyson had done a boxing instructional when he was still relatively at his best?!?!? He'd have made millions more than he was making! Had he taken the tough guy appeal and done a 'boxercise' series he could have patented that shizznizz and it'd have been huge! Look at Tae-Bo!
    :eek:

19. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Tyson was a tremendous fighter, among the best ever in my opinion. But, he wasnt a good guy, and I for one am not going to waste anytime feeling bad for him because he blew through over 400 million(i think, plus hes somewhere around 20 million in debt). Having said that, it seems like as hes aged, he isnt quite so "bad", he seems like he has become a better person, and I hope he has an quiet enjoyable retirement.

20. dee_mon

dee_mon New Member

i have to say, as much respect as i have for tyson as a boxer (at least a couple of years ago), i have very little respect for him as a man, and as such my pity only extends so far.

Kevin McBride may not be the most inspirational fighter the world has ever seen but in my opinion he deserved to win on the night.

As for making fun of Tyson - he was happy enough to do more than make fun of McBride before the fight - if he can dish it out, he'll have to be prepared to take it!

Pride comes before a fall......