Mike Tyson vs Kevin McBride

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Korpy, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Who do you think will win the bout? I am hoping that "Iron" Mike knocks McBride out.

I just wanna see Tyson demolish him.

PS: Whatever happenend to Tyson fighting against Bob Sapp? (<Just started following Boxing) :D :eek:

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

There was an article off the newswire today about how Mike Tyson was admitting spectators to his training for a fee. Like a show basically. Jeez, that bizastard Don King and all the hanger-ons must have done his bank account for a loop.

It'd be nice to see 'ol Iron Mike make a comeback... but to be honest he's getting up there in years. I dunno. Granted I still wouldn't step in the ring with him not even for an exhibition bout. lol.

3. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I'd like to see him make a comeback; but I really don't think it will happen. - He's had his time.

It never went ahead; there are many excuses why, one of which is that Tyson could not travel to Japan because of his previous criminal record.

4. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

I think Tyson has a lot of potential but now hes just aiming to get money to pay off his 30mil debt and retire comfortably. He'll probably win this one easily.

5. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Tyson is not the same fighter he was twelve years ago....
    I'm hoping for a Mcbride win .... the first ever Irish-born heavyweight champion.

6. slipthejab

This is curious. Didn't he fight and lose to Buster Douglas 12 years ago in Japan?
    Though granted Tyson may have had a few run-ins with the law in the last 12. lol. :eek:

It'll be an interesting fight. Most people I know have it down for Tyson by the 5th a KO - if he manages to keep his focus and his head is screwed on straighter than it's been in the last couple of years.

Let's hope McBride is fitter than usual - otherwise Tyson is gonna close that gap and hurt him. :D

7. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

I think the Tysons promoters did a good job, and he will rip Mcbride apart. But, we all thought that about Buster.
    From Tysons mouth "its a lot harder to train these days"
    Dont think we'll ever see the old tyson again.

8. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Did you see Tyson's face when he got knocked down vs Williams?

He's gonna unleash hell.

9. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Tomarrow's the fight, yes!

Mike Tyson is my favorite fighter of all time. I know that probably sounds dumb, but I don't care, he's my favorite.

I still think Tyson will dominate McBride, and send Kevin's butt right into a pot of gold. :D

10. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

Tyson by first round murder of McBride

11. Maverick

Maverick New Member

You know, there is still a chance that McBride will win. He has a massive height, weight and age advantage, even if he doesn't have the experience. It could be worth putting a small bet on him anyway, it's around 6/1 at the moment.

12. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Height and weight usually doesn't mean anything to Tyson when he's K.O.ing his victim.

13. Helena Handbask

Helena Handbask New Member

Unfortunately, McBride is slower than the passage of time. I'd love to see him win, but I think that little snowball in hell will survive longer than McBride.

14. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

Ill be real happy if tyson wins, the fight is on tonight but it's like 45$ on ppv so forget that, ill wait til midnight to see the highlights and who won. Should we post things about the results here or what? Because I know sometimes the overseas fans see the events at different times and all.

15. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

Watched the fight. It was terrible. Tyson threw a few cheap shots. Ended up getting knocked (pushed) down at the end of round 6 and could hardly stand up. Tyson said he has no love for the sport of boxing and that he can't compete anymore.

Tyson is done boxing folks.

16. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

yep, hes done. two losses in a row to bum fighters.

17. tl Eric

tl Eric I think I'll have a Tab

So dissapointed, he should have slaughtered McBride. Sad to see him go out like that.

18. slipthejab

Sigh... well there ya have it.

Another Boxer who refuses to go out gracefully.

Sometimes it makes ya wonder. They're damned if they do (all the haters slagging Lewis for retiring) and damned if they don't (Tyson and a long long list of others).

I've often thought that boxing can become so all encompassing that it becomes hard to believe that at some point your body will change irreversibley and that you will not be able to pull of what you used to.

The list of boxers that the passage of time finally caught up with and they had no strategy to deal with it is huge.

19. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

tyson was actually ahead on two of the three scorecards 57-55, but he quit.

20. slipthejab

What's ahead for Tyson now I wonder?

MMA:

Possibley. But then again.... look what happened to Dekker.
    And the pay scale is no where what Tyson could make even for being a can.

Mc Donalds:

Can I get fries with that shake?
    Thanks champ.

Movies:

Maybe his lisp would work against him. But he would sure as hell be more entertaining than Van Clod or the squinty fat bloke that does Aikido.

Commentator:

Possibley his best option - Boxing is the one thing he does know volumes about. But maybe the networks just see him as a liability because of his antics both in and out of the ring.

Any thoughts anyone?