Mike Tyson backing off K-1?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Speed, May 20, 2004.

1. Speed

Speed New Member

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Money talks. :)

Last edited: May 20, 2004
  3. Nimrook

Nimrook New Member

I have heard so much BS about it I can't even begin to pretend I know what is going on with the tyson + k-1.

4. THEGREAT1

THEGREAT1 New Member

I think there's a lot of mis information on the Tyson K-1 issue:p

he signed a deal to make the K-1 organisation his exclusive promoters in japan however they struggled to get him a visa to work in japan so no fight took place there and probably never will....he later signed a deal to make them promoters of his next fight in the USA...expected to be july 31st as the article you refer to suggests.

There has been a lot of talk of him taking on Bob Sapp and a few others under the K-1 banner but as i understand it he has never agreed to fight K-1 Rules at any time but that this may change when his opponent is announced.

either way...k-1 will pack the event with k-1 rules matches as they attempt to bring their sport to the wider audience that is likely to be watching/attending any tyson fight.

5. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

I'll be more than glad to see Tyson quit K-1

6. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

I don’t know much about K1, but is biting the ear off your opponent allowed? Seriously though, Mike Tyson, who cares? There are plenty of other sports people out there more deserving of the respect, attention, or money than Tyson.

7. Speed

Speed New Member

Interesting, the local news said Tyson has choose Louisville, KY for the match. I might actually get to see this one in person.

8. shorin_ru_girl

shorin_ru_girl New Member

Tyson in a fight with anyone will be good.. i read in the July issue of Black Belt mag. that he's signed up... it'll be pretty awsome... i do wanna see him get his @ss kicked...HARD!

9. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

He's fighting Danny Williams soon. My money is still on tyson, Williams is a swell-head but I wouldn't rule him out by any means.

10. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

danny williams? oh come on, tyson may be old but he can still throw down with the best of them. williams is dead.

11. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

I dont know who danny williams is nor do I follow k-1 much but if kicks are allowed in this fight and tyson goes purely boxing it could be an interesting match.

12. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Danny Williams is a professional boxer and has nothing to do with K-1 as far as Im aware.

Also, if Tyson were to ever fight in K-1 I severely doubt that the match would be fought with kicking or any rules other than those in boxing.

13. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

I dont see the point, wouldnt that make it a regular boxing match?

14. BH Alexander

BH Alexander New Member

i know this is a little off, but if you've ever seen the anime grappler baki the 2nd season. It paints a pretty accurate picture of what happens when someone who is strictly boxing get's into the ring with an all around MMA. they are so used to fight there opponent in a certain range that ground work and kicks to the lower parts of the body would most likely put him out. As long as the challenging fighter could stay out of the way of his normal punching area. Just an opinion

15. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

mike tyson could clean out a lot of K-1 fighters. the top tier, remy, ignashov, hoost, aerts, etc could probably take him. but his hand skills simply outweigh most peoples kicking+hand skills combined. and this is at 38 years old- I think in his heydey, he could easily hang with people like ignashov.

MMA on the other hand, I dont think he would do so well. we all saw in the early UFC's what happened- the little guy took down all the big heavy hitters and made them scream uncle.

16. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

Yeah, I agree...Mike Tyson is a monster when it comes to fighting but to bad he's backing off from K-1, I really wanted to see him fight in there.