Mike Tyson admits he was high on drugs during fights

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Saved_in_Blood, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Arnie

Arnie New Member

Makes sense, anyone seen that clip where he is talking about eating babies? Had to have been off his nut.

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

It totally confounds me, how anyone, let alone top-level athletes, would want to fight under the influence of anything 'cept maybe a raw-egg protein shake or a strong cup of coffee at most.

3. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I can't believe you've never heard of that, I thought it was common knowledge. I have to admit I've never worked anywhere that drug tests weren't a normal occurrence though. My first job at a grocery store at 16 I had to do one, I had to do one for a job in construction, entrance to the military, sometimes once a month while in the military, had to do a few while deployed . . . . . . I've even had to be an inspector for a couple hundred guys to make sure they weren't using a fake penis! Beauty of being an NCO.

I've probably seen more male sexual parts than the most promiscuous will in their entire lifetime! I guess knowing about the fake on just came with that territory as common knowledge.

4. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

And I'll bet you thought working the After-Visitation inspection detail at the Brig was a choice mission...:D

5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Are you implying that all professional fighters take illicit drugs like cocaine?

6. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Sure, but the damaging things you've listed are more likely due to them being illegal. If they were legal and relatively cheap or prescribed as meds for the addicts then there wouldn't be the stealing and violence.

Abusing them is unhealthy for the body, but then abusing foods is unhealthy for the body too.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  7. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Tobacco is legal and has worse effects on the body than many illegal drugs.

8. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

At least he wasn't doing meth before fights, that'll turn you into a monster. But then again who can tell with Tyson. And remember some drugs, barbituates and speed have perfectly legal reasons to take them under perscription.

9. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

And I thought my job sucks right now.

10. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

no, not cocaine. marijuana on the other hand....not all though....

11. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Cigarettes are so expensive in the UK, it probably won't be long before people turn to crime to afford them, if they haven't already. Not to mention how the price encourages people to buy counterfeit, which are very often much more harmful. Same thing with counterfeit booze.

12. Giovanni

i think the question of "weed" is very interesting. why is it "illegal" when alcohol and tobacco are not? how does weed improve performance? why is it that track athletes are tested for marijuana, along with steroid, hgh, etc.? but not tested for alcohol, caffeine and tobacco?

very soon, weed is going to be legal in every state in the u.s.a--it's already completely legal in two states, with many more soon to line up once other states see the tax revenue come in. it's already legal in a couple european countries and one south american country. it's basically legal in canada.

13. aaradia

Tyson

-admits to drug use

-bit a guys ear in a fight

-beat his ex wife

-convicted of rape

I don't get why so many people still look up to him. Regardless of his fighting skills, he doesn't seem worthy of so many peoples fandom. People make so many excuses for him.

I don't get it.

-

14. Giovanni

full disclosure: i do not currently use marijuana. i have. if it was legal and i could easily and safely get it, i probably will again. in my opinion, it's completely ridiculous that marijuana is illegal, yet tobacco and alcohol are legal. i smoked cigarettes for a long time--THAT's a real killer.

15. aaradia

There are a lot of substances that are legal to use, but not allowed in various sports.

It's cheating. If you have to have a fake penis to avoid testing positive, you KNOW you are cheating.

The way so many people turn a purposful blind eye to all of Tyson's shortcomings personally disgusts me.

16. Giovanni

people look up to tyson?

17. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

I don't personally use it, but I don't smoke or drink at all either. I think the idea of weed not being allowed is 2 things.

1. It's currently an illegal drug
    2. Supposedly can act as a pain suppressor

18. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

My friend, I have said on here already that I fully believe Tyson was overrated. People can dispute that all they want to, but the truth is when it came to fighting real, elite fighters... he got exposed. Really, Douglas exposed him and put on a beautiful performance.

19. aaradia

Oh, I didn't meant people here do so so much. Just overall in society. He gets all sorts of interviews on TV and is treated with respect during them. Dana White has him as a guest at UFC events. Fighters like Texiera babble over him being their hero. Some other forums I am on have people talking about how awesome he is and wishing him happy birthdays on threads...........

20. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

You don't think he has a acknowledgeable story of redemption at all?